Katie Couric 2012 Commencement, 第十部分

来源: 2msmom 2012-11-16 08:42:16 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2083 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-11-18 15:42:31 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 欢迎大家批评指正. But I quickly learned that getting out of your comfort zone can sometimes be, well...uncomfortable. And one of the problems of being a trailblazer is… sometimes you get burned. In those first few months at CBS, TV critics wrote about my clothes, my hair, my makeup, even the way I held my hands. Some said I lacked “gravitas,” which I've since decided is Latin for “testicles.” It was a rocky start, but I remembered a note a former colleague had written to me as I was leaving NBC. “Boats are always safe in the harbor, but that’s not what boats are built for.” I was determined to ride out the storm. I focused on the NEWS, and not the NOISE, and it got better. Five years at the CBS Evening News filled me with immense pride and a sense of accomplishment. From covering the historic 2008 presidential election...to an award-winning series on children and recession…to standing in Tahrir Square as the people of Egypt said “no more” to oppression. We were one of the first American teams on the ground in Haiti just hours after that devastating earthquake in January of 2010. I learned more about people, perspective and myself in those five years than I had in the previous 49. My story may have played out in the public eye, but it is by no means unique. Every one of you will, at some point, be confronted by naysayers and learn that life isn't always fair. You'll feel cheated, you’ll be mistreated, you’ll wonder: When will I be loved? (Oh my God, I began to channel Linda Ronstadt!) That’s when the third “R,” RESILIENCE, comes in. The ability to, as they said in the '70s, keep on keepin’ on…even when you'd rather pull the covers over your head. To muster up your strength and forge ahead, even when you feel like a failure.

所有跟帖: 

R is for Resilience. What are the other two Rs? -斓婷- 给 斓婷 发送悄悄话 斓婷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/17/2012 postreply 12:45:11

Risk, Rejection and Resilience. -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/18/2012 postreply 14:03:58

Got it. Thank you. Have a nice Sunday. -斓婷- 给 斓婷 发送悄悄话 斓婷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/18/2012 postreply 16:14:38

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”