商务旅行: Jet Lag (1) (音频文字)

来源: 紫君 2011-03-16 08:52:59 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4678 bytes)

日常美语: Jet Lag (1) (音频文字) ZT

Mike出差刚回来,遇到同事Larry.

Larry: Hey, Mike! Good to have you back! You look exhausted!

Mike: Hi, Larry. Yeah, I'm totally beat. I can barely keep my eyes open!

L: Was it a rough trip?

M: Well, it was actually pretty productive, but all the flying really got to me.

L: Ah, jet lag...the scourge of business travelers.

M: Yep. I flew from Beijing to Boston for a meeting, and then hopped back on a plane for a flight to the trade fair in Frankfurt. Then back to Beijing before catching a train back here to Shanghai.

Mike出差回来十分疲惫,因为要倒时差Jet lag. Larry说时差是the scourge of business travelers. Scourge is spelled s-c-o-u-r-g-e, 意思是灾祸。Mike抱怨说,All the flying really got to me. 飞来飞去真是把我折腾坏了。说一件事情get to me,意思是这件事情对我产生了影响。

L: Wow! That's a lot of traveling! No wonder you're exhausted!

M: The worst thing was adjusting to the time zones! It's so hard to get used to the difference!

L: Yeah, it's hard. You know jet lag only hits if you travel east-west or west-east. You could fly from Germany to Cape Town in South Africa and you wouldn't feel anything.

M: Right...because it's all in the same time zone. Unfortunately for me...all my travel was between different time zones. I've gotta say: I'm really suffering! Why is jet lag so nasty?

Mike出差去的地方老是跨时区time zones,所以the worst thing was adjusting to the time zones. 最讨厌的就是倒时差。从一个时区进入另一个时区,为什么会有时差,让身体感觉不舒服呢?

L: Travel between time zones basically resets your body's internal clock.

M: So when you travel between time zones your body is thrown off its cycle?

L: Exactly! Some experts say it takes a full day to recover from each time zone you cross.

M: Wow, that's a long time. I'm going to need a few weeks off!

L: (Chuckle) That would be best, but unfortunately our boss isn't quite that generous.

M: Is there anything I can do to make my jet lag less severe the next time I make an international trip?

Larry解释说,进入一个新时区,就要重新调整生物钟。Reset the body's internal clock。换句话说,your body is thrown off its cycle,身体原来的作息周期被打乱了。To throw off, 意思是让一件事情偏离预期的轨道。比如,His performance in the game was thrown off by the injury,伤势让他的比赛表现受到了影响。有什么办法让倒时差不那么痛苦吗?我们下次继续听。

Words and Phrases

1. Scourge  灾祸

2. 说一件事情get to me, 意思是这件事情对我产生了影响。

3. 时区time zone

4. The worst thing was adjusting to the time zones.
最讨厌的就是倒时差。

5. 重新调整生物钟。
Reset the body's internal clock。

6.  To throw off  让一件事情偏离预期的轨道

比如,His performance in the game was thrown off by the injury.
伤势让他的比赛表现受到了影响。

7. 倒时差 Jet lag

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 学一个词: Stand trial, 接受审判(音频文字)
  • 教育:Students Earn Debt-Free College Degree(视频)
  • 电影简介: Desert Flower(视频文字)
  • 娱乐:First Family of Country Music(音频)
  • 职场美语:Dress Code(2)(音频文字)
  • 所有跟帖: 

guess three more English words -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (3209 bytes) () 03/16/2011 postreply 21:16:32

你的字谜出的真快,糟糕的是,我猜不出来。 -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/17/2011 postreply 10:21:49

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”