A nice professor

来源: 走马读人 2011-01-16 16:01:27 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1949 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 走马读人 ] 在 2011-01-19 18:03:42 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Very enthusiastic and friendly, Prof. Yang is a native of Taiwan. He stresses the importance of writing a textbook instead of "academic book" in regarding to applicability on a phone call today.

An email by Prof. Yang years ago: 

Dear Mr. :
     Yes, I would be delighted to talk to you over the telephone.  My # at home is ....  You may call me at anytime.  Sometimes it is more effective to talk in alleviating the ... emotional stress.  In addition, I found that your English writing proficiency has improved remarkably in recent months.  Presumably as you write more the better you become.  Especially if you can follow someone's writing style and phrases it is a effective way to learn.  When I found your mistake I would like to make a correction and send it back to you for reference.  This is probably the best way of learning.  When some of my friends in Beijing, China, wrote a paper they always sent it to me for proof reading.  I made corrections on the paper and they learned from it quickly.  As a result, their English proficiency progressed in a remarkable speed.  This is what I can help them.  It is a joy in sharing whatever we have.  It is God's blessing that we can give.  "Blessed are those who give of themselves."  Thanks.
     Professor J.... Yang  Nov.2004

所有跟帖: 

I could not agree with you more. -纾珈- 给 纾珈 发送悄悄话 纾珈 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/17/2011 postreply 06:48:03

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!