答案. 最好先想一想再看答案,这样记得牢!~

来源: jennea 2011-09-16 00:37:11 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1693 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ jennea ] 在 2011-09-17 05:39:53 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

From book "The elements of business writing"

Customers, colleagues, and clients like to deal with people who are warm, friendly, and pleasant. But the writer of this memo comes accross as a petty martinet, falling back on such antiquated phrases as "Please find attached" (instead of the more conversational "I've enclosed" or "Here is"), "please advice" (should be "let me know"), and "at your earliest convenience" (substitue "as soon as you can").

If the writer had obeyed our "Rule 7. Write in natural conversational style," he or she might have written the following:

Here's a press release featuring our output extruder screw. Didn't we stop making these? If so, we shouldn't be sending out press release promoting them. Please let me know  the status of this product as soon as possible.

Sincerely, 

Pat Jones, advertising manager

P.S. We've received three inqueries from this release. Should I send them our extruder screw brochure or our general all-inline catalog?

(I think "Sincerely" should be "Regards". Author suggested in the same book later that it is better use "Regards" than "Sincerely")

(My question: Should the P.S.line be moved before "Sincerely"? Anyway, this is the original copy from the book. The author's focus here is on the tone of the email)

所有跟帖: 

确实很surprised -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (237 bytes) () 09/16/2011 postreply 09:34:43

就是啊。不过tone是我觉得最难掌握的。 -jennea- 给 jennea 发送悄悄话 jennea 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/16/2011 postreply 18:25:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”