金融投资:Investing(3)(音频文字)

来源: 紫君 2011-09-15 07:17:20 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3049 bytes)

金融投资:Investing(3)(音频文字)ZT

投资顾问Jerry跟客户Frank见面,建议他投资电动汽车电池技术的开发,Frank似乎有顾虑。

F: I don't know....sounds like a gamble to me.

J: All investing is a gamble! But sometimes gambling pays off big time!

F: That's true...but sometimes you lose your shirt.

J: I'd recommend we take it step by step. The first step is to do lots of research. We really have to do our homework.

F: And then? What's step two?

J: I'm recommending buying a small Chinese company called WinTron Power. They hold several key patents and they have a good R&D department.

Frank觉得投资电池技术的开发听上去有些象gamble,赌博,可是话说回来,投资就要有风险,堵注下对了就会赚一大笔钱,pay off big time, 全军覆没则会,lose your shirt,倾家荡产。Jerry已经做好了全盘规划,第一步是要做一下市场调查,do our homework,意思是先做好准备工作。第二步是收购一家叫WinTron Power的小公司。这家公司掌握着好几项关键专利,而且有优秀的R&D Department,研究和开发部。

F: How much is this going to cost me?

J: The initial investment is about five million.

F: Five million U.S. dollars? That's steep!

J: Yes...but you could end up becoming a major supplier to the auto companies of the future. Invest millions for a chance to make billions.

F: It's a tempting idea. It could be huge.

Jerry说,首期投资the initial investment估计要500万美元,Frank 说,that's steep. 这么多钱, steep is spelled s-t-e-e-p, steep,意思是倾斜度大,坡陡,也有过份的意思,比如说 The price is steep,意思是价钱太贵。 Jerry 劝他说,如果成功,投个几百万,就有机会赚回几十亿,是个上算的买卖。Frank说,It's a tempting idea,他好象动心了。

J: China has the potential to be the leader in the field. This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and I think it would be foolish to let it slip away.

F: Jerry...you sold me. I'll get working on this project right away. This could be my big break! Thanks for the info!

J: Just doing my job.

Jerry说,This is an once-in-a lifetime opportunity,这可是千载难逢的好机会,过了这个村就没这个店了;这样的机会千万不能错过。Frank终于被说动了。他说,you sold me,意思是你把我说服了。This could be my big break,这回没准我的机会来了。 Big break,往往用来指突如其来的好运气。Jerry,回答说,Just doing my job. 这是我份内的工作,这是我应该做的。

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”