礼节美语:Cell Phone 1(音频文字)

来源: 楚姗珊 2013-05-27 08:34:20 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3630 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 楚姗珊 ] 在 2013-05-29 06:07:21 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
礼节美语-249 Cell Phone 1(ZT)
http://www.voachinese.com/content/be-249-cell-phone-1/1662208.html

Sue跟坐在隔壁的同事George聊天。

Sue: Hey George, take a look at this article. It says several major airlines are considering allowing people to use their cell phones while in the air.

George: Oh no, really? That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.

S: Oh? Why do you feel that way?

G: Well, I fly for business quite frequently and a plane is now one of the last places where I don't have to hear people chatting on cell phones. I really enjoy the peace and quiet.

S: But it would be so convenient if we were able to make calls during long flights. Just think of how much work we could get done!

Sue告诉George, 现在好几家航空公司都考虑允许乘客在飞行途中使用手机。George觉得这个主意简直糟糕透了,因为飞机是公共场所里所剩无几不用听别人打电话的地方之一,I really enjoy the peace and quiet. George 说自己很享受这种宁静,但是 Sue 觉得,如果能在飞机上打手机,就方便多了,好多事都能在飞机上处理完毕。

G: I think perhaps people are taking the idea of multitasking a little bit too far. I get calls from people on my cell phone and they say things like "Where were you? I've been trying to reach you all afternoon." Well, I was on the golf course and I turned off my cell phone...is that a crime?

S: I see what you mean. We are so connected these days that there is hardly any time for peace and quiet. I'll tell you a secret that's a little embarrassing: I leave my cell phone on all night long, just in case a call comes in.

George觉得有些人 take the idea of multitasking a little bit too far. to take something too far 意思是一件事做得过头了,multitasking is spelled m-u-l-t-i-t-a-s-k-i-n-g, multitasking, multitasking 意思是同时做好几件工作。George说,有时候去打高尔夫球,把手机关机 turn off the cell phone,就会有人因为找不到他而质问他到哪里去了,George跟Sue这些手机24小时开机的人形成了鲜明对照。

G: I know lots of people who do that. They say, "what if there is an emergency?" I guess I can understand why someone would feel that way, but I think sometimes we need to turn off our cell phones and tune out all the noise.

S: I can see your point. I get really frustrated by businesspeople that seem to never put down their cell phone. I have to listen to their long, boring conversations and there is really no way I can tune it out.

G: So people take calls every 2 or 3 minutes! Most of the time I think business conversations can probably wait until you get back to the office.

George认为,不能因为担心别人有急事,就把手机随时开机。Sue对George的看法表示赞同,说 I see your point. point在这里是观点的意思,有时候别人打电话,交谈内容很无聊,可是 There is no way I can tune it out. 我又没办法把这种噪音屏蔽掉,to tune something out 意思是不去管它,听而不闻。George 也觉得,其实很多跟工作有关的电话都可以等回办公室再打。

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”