有点冷清, 读一段吧。

来源: jingbeiboy 2011-05-12 18:26:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3687 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ jingbeiboy ] 在 2011-05-14 00:08:53 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

From "the seal sensibility" by Eric Greitens

What kind of man makes it through Hell Week? That's hard to say. But I do know—generally—who won't make it. There are a dozen types that fail: the weight-lifting meatheads who think that the size of their biceps is an indication of their strength, the kids covered in tattoos announcing to the world how tough they are, the preening leaders who don't want to get dirty, and the look-at-me former athletes who have always been told they are stars but have never have been pushed beyond the envelope of their talent to the core of their character. In short, those who fail are the ones who focus on show. The vicious beauty of Hell Week is that you either survive or fail, you endure or you quit, you do—or you do not.

Some men who seemed impossibly weak at the beginning of SEAL training—men who puked on runs and had trouble with pull-ups—made it. Some men who were skinny and short and whose teeth chattered just looking at the ocean also made it. Some men who were visibly afraid, sometimes to the point of shaking, made it too.

Almost all the men who survived possessed one common quality. Even in great pain, faced with the test of their lives, they had the ability to step outside of their own pain, put aside their own fear and ask: How can I help the guy next to me? They had more than the "fist" of courage and physical strength. They also had a heart large enough to think about others, to dedicate themselves to a higher purpose.

所有跟帖: 

有个以前的毛病 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (529 bytes) () 05/12/2011 postreply 18:52:40

查了查,possessed 没错。ses和zes都行。 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/12/2011 postreply 18:56:24

好像重音没读出来。 -jingbeiboy- 给 jingbeiboy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/12/2011 postreply 19:08:29

谢谢。 是明知故犯, 还是积习难改? -jingbeiboy- 给 jingbeiboy 发送悄悄话 (2897 bytes) () 05/12/2011 postreply 19:06:14

谢朗诵[The Seal Sensibility],找到了一段Eric Greitens演讲视频: -婉蕠- 给 婉蕠 发送悄悄话 婉蕠 的博客首页 (399 bytes) () 05/12/2011 postreply 19:31:16

我土了,以为是那个kill拉登的Seal呢 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/12/2011 postreply 20:02:49

回复:我土了,以为是那个kill拉登的Seal呢:for security reasons, that will be a se -jingbeiboy- 给 jingbeiboy 发送悄悄话 (83 bytes) () 05/12/2011 postreply 20:12:46

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”