老金语录

本文内容已被 [ viewfinder ] 在 2011-01-14 02:14:15 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

此老金说的是马丁.路德.金,九十二年前出生在亚特兰大的那一位。在对历史演变起大作用的人里面,有决断有勇力又不忘仁慈的人,以我的标准很稀有,老金算一个。

除了以他为代表的民权(特别是有色人种民权)运动的成功,老金生前是能说善道闻名的。他还留下了一些思维的火花给后人。他的语录中,我比较喜欢的包括下面几句。

--“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

这一段似乎是在说“干一行爱一行”,但我觉得不完全如此。这个说的是要有激情地活着,即使被世人视为平凡,也要在每一刻充分感受到生命在宇宙间短暂而神奇的历程;而不是象一部永动机一样麻木不仁地存在着。

--“Somehow this madness must cease. We must stop now. I speak as a child of God and brother to the suffering poor of Vietnam.I speak for those whose land is being laid waste, whose homes are being destroyed, whose culture is being subverted. I speak for the poor in America who are paying the double price of smashed hopes at home and death and corruption in Vietnam. I speak as a citizen of the world, for the world as it stands aghast at the path we have taken. I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours.”

这是老金对越战的声明。俺没啥好说的,美国人发动每一个战争前应该把这个拿出来念一念。

--“The means by which we live have outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.”

这个情况在老金身后的几十年并没有改变。科技爆炸式的增长,并没有带来任何人类心灵上的成熟和智慧。

--”Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time: the need for man to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. ”

耶稣也说过类似的话,孔子也说过类似的话。如果他们的追随者真正信任他们,历史和今天就都会完全不一样了。

--“Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better. ”

历史是少数人推动的?老金对“沉默的大多数”的谴责从来不犹豫。从他所处的情形来看,这句话并不是太政治上正确,所以我相信他是真诚的。

最后,如果有兴趣,请看他“我有一个梦”的讲演。

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 留影之后记
  • 俺的健坛留影 (关于科学、宗教和中医 )
  • A Perfect Indian -- Sinead O'Conor
  • 记忆中的美人
  • 今天有个帅哥对我连说三声:“I love you. ” 。发文留念。
  • 所有跟帖: 

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!