Elizabeth Edwards Succumbs To Cancer

来源: 北京二号 2010-12-07 14:44:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5323 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 北京二号 ] 在 2010-12-08 03:22:50 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Last night's news say she had only a few weeks to live and her family members and close friends were all with her yesterday. And today a close family friend of Edwards told NPR that she has die.

Below is an 2009 NPR interview with Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Edwards

450) this.width=450" ="javascript:if(this.width>450) this.width=450" />

May 7, 2009

Elizabeth Edwards, wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, has survived campaigns, cancer, the death of a child and her hu*****and's infidelity. In her new book, Resilience, Edwards discusses the adversities she has faced — and her efforts to move on.

The decision to reveal herself in print wasn't an easy one. As Edwards tells Michele Norris, she agreed to write the book before "all of my struggles [had] appeared on the horizon."

After she learned of her hu*****and's affair, Edwards debated whether it was a story she wanted to tell. But, she says, "I decided that if you are going to write a book about resilience, if you have any qualifications ... you do go ahead and do some of the things you want to do in your life and not let those obstacles get in the way."

Edwards says she first learned of her hu*****and's infidelity in December 2006, right after he returned from a tour announcing his presidency.

"John started out by not telling the whole story," Edwards says. "He told me a very abbreviated story, which allowed me to move through my life."

At that point, Edwards asked her hu*****and not to run for president, but he argued that pulling out of the race immediately after joining would raise a lot of questions. So they agreed to go ahead with the campaign.

"I was hesitant about how I was supposed to go out and talk about him, but honestly, the policies he talked about were, in my view, so far superior to what other people were talking about," Edwards says.

John Edwards continued on the presidential campaign trail, appearing at events with his wife beside him. Elizabeth Edwards explains that she felt her hu*****and's political persona "was really on the right track about our responsibilities to one another. He just failed in his responsibilities to me."

Since the revelation of John Edwards' affair, some people have expressed anger at both John and Elizabeth Edwards for pursing the presidency in spite of his infidelities. Some Hillary Clinton supporters believe that Edwards' role in the primary might have had an impact on the election.

But Elizabeth Edwards argues that her hu*****and's failure to get the nomination was not due to any of the things he had done privately. She adds that at the time of the campaign, she knew of only a single incident of infidelity — it was only a year and some months after their first conversation that her hu*****and told her the whole story of his ongoing affair.

"One day we sat down in the living room and we went through it. ... It was really, really hard to hear, but we couldn't have moved forward in any way" without discussing it, Edwards says.

As she recounts in her book, the affair began when the other woman tracked down her hu*****and at a hotel: "Without my knowing, a woman who spotted my hu*****and one afternoon in the restaurant bar of the hotel in which he was staying hung around outside the hotel for a couple of hours until he returned from a dinner and introduced herself by saying, 'You are so hot,' " she writes.

The woman John Edwards had an affair with eventually gave birth to a child, but Elizabeth Edwards says she is not aware of any facts concerning the child's paternity: "I'm sorry that this child will have to undergo with whatever stigma is associated with the notoriety of these circumstances, but I don't have any information that this child is related to my children."

Edwards does not name the other woman in her book because, she says, her name is not relevant. She'd rather focus on putting her family back together and her own health issues.

As for her ongoing battle with cancer, Edwards puts voice to her own resilience when she says, "I've had reports that have encouraged me, and reports that have discouraged me, but the most recent reports have been encouraging, so I'll just hang on to those."

所有跟帖: 

回复:Elizabeth Edwards Succumbs To Cancer -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (174 bytes) () 12/07/2010 postreply 16:19:50

Thurmond lived over 100 years. -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (76 bytes) () 12/07/2010 postreply 16:38:59

Thurmond birthday was three days ago. -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (370 bytes) () 12/07/2010 postreply 17:06:26

Some people say that those born in December have the strongest l -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (114 bytes) () 12/07/2010 postreply 20:50:55

What a resilient woman. -斓婷- 给 斓婷 发送悄悄话 斓婷 的博客首页 (118 bytes) () 12/08/2010 postreply 06:34:17

I feel exactly the same. -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (353 bytes) () 12/08/2010 postreply 18:02:40

Thank you. -戏雨飞鹰- 给 戏雨飞鹰 发送悄悄话 戏雨飞鹰 的博客首页 (20 bytes) () 12/08/2010 postreply 10:22:07

Oh, sure. -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/08/2010 postreply 16:51:52

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!
回到顶部

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”