thought provoking way to explain social phenomena

来源: englishreader 2009-11-15 09:21:16 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2021 bytes)
回答: The best american seriesenglishreader2009-11-14 21:39:08
From Outliers, he linked the personal successes with the goverment policies, society social norm, political environments, technology advancement, and many other macro factors imparted by societies where persons would live, grow and engage. The personal succeess is not just a personal matter from his point of views. After I read a few examples he provided in the book, I concurred my own grow path (success or failure) with his view. My takeaway is that, to success, plan and follow the path within the given environment, or get out of it, and go for the place the climate for the planned success is right.

One thing we all noticed is that learning English isn't that hard today than many years ago for chinese due to the ready availiability of web technologies and the increase of the chinese affluent. From the old time, we were using old tape records to replay some recording with very bad voice quality, which ourselfes couldn't bear with it. Today, digital player can easily replay a selection of recording with the high quality, even myself starts to enjoy my own voice now, which greatly improve the effectiveness of language learning.

Blink would reveal us another important factor that would impact personal success: how people judge/evaluate/view other people at the critical moment to their livings and lifes. The revealation is appaling. We might not be able to fight it head-on, but can we do something to fit us in, or can we get all people aware of those nasty bias to change their habits of lover's first eye to eye impression?

Tipping point is more towards to marketing people, but it is fun to know why certain things got so popular from his point of views. it is very good foe me to have some materials tio talk with other people. The stuffs presented from his book aren't controversial and are suitable to share with any people.

After reading his three books, I want to study his essays so I got his fourth book, which is a collection of his writings from New Yorkers.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”