chinese saying: 远香近臭

来源: englishreader 2009-11-02 18:45:40 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1555 bytes)
Keeping a proper distance is a proper way to protect yourself and others when you ask for a help.

In US, you have many ways to improve English. Living together is not an effective way to learn English. You will be limited to words and knowledge you know with partners. If it lasts too long, you feel you are obliged to partners. The best way to learn English is to learn from all sources, such as community services, church sessions, watch games shows, window shopping, learning some new skills like soical studies from community colleges, calling customer supports for trivial issues, speech club, and book reading clubs.

I have a tutor long back from a college, she is very nice and lovely, but she just has no technical skills to correct my spoken English. She functioned as a converstaion partner. I was just in US at that time. I aslo have kept a long time relation with an American family to intend to improve my English, it didn't help me too much either.

Last few years, the advancement of web technology and web 2.0 have enabled me to access high caliber teachers' lessons, that opened up my mind to know what I have been wrong in the past. From my experience, if you have a master teacher, you will have a better chance to improve your English, otherwise, you can improve wriitng and listening a lot, but it is hard to improve spoken English. Most of native speakers know you are wrong, but they donit know how to correct you. Only handful master teachers can diagnose your speaking defect and tell you how to improve.

所有跟帖: 

有家室的容易产生婚外情什么的,社会乱呀。 -不学王明- 给 不学王明 发送悄悄话 不学王明 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/02/2009 postreply 20:16:06

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”