However, I wanted to emphasize the importance of practice.

来源: 北京二号 2009-02-19 00:56:46 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2242 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 北京二号 ] 在 2009-02-19 05:00:15 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: Thanks for the comments -billnet2009-02-18 21:55:04
[I am writing the following paragraphs mainly for the purpose of practicing my English. The content may be too far from the topic. Please don't waste your time reading it if you only want to see discussions on 'back mouth' pronunciation.]

With pronunciation, if one hasn't practiced enough, s/he won't be able to truly understand and master those rules. And I guessed that is why although many people know this "back mouth" theory, even the best teachers are not able to give an instance solution to solve the learner's problem immediately.

Here are some personal experiences. I have been working with algorithms for many many years. When I play with the algorithms in my field, mostly I can play artfully (after so many years of studying and practice).

With English pronunciation, after 1 year's practice, right now I honestly think I know what this "back mouth" pronunciation is and how it works. But I am far from speaking English beautifully/artfully although I always thought I had a little talent in language.

I am also learning dancing starting nearly a year ago. Since it has very low priority on my weekly schedule and I seldom practice it after class, my teacher says I am doing mechanics. He is actually being nice and not wanting to scare me away, for I clearly know that I am not yet doing the correct and accurate mechanics (I feel my English pronunciation is somewhat close to such a mechanically correct stage -- though far from artful).

When being asked what I need to do and how should I do it to dance as beautifully as he does, my teacher says, "practice! I dance 20-30 hours per week, while you do only one hour a week. Not to mention the years I started ahead of you!" This guy is a multi-time national award winner and one of the best teachers I ever know. For every detail I'm not able to do well, he has a solution to improve/correct it. But currently I am still not able to even get close to there. Hopefully in 10 years, I may get out of the mechanistic stage in dancing.

Hope this lengthy writing explains a little on how practice helps the learners to get the essence of any kinds of arts. (My theory: mostly, theories work only through pratice.)

所有跟帖: 

What valuable learning experience shared! Thanks -billnet- 给 billnet 发送悄悄话 billnet 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/19/2009 postreply 20:09:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”