Wealth, Success and Love

来源: 花开剑鞘边 2009-02-12 18:38:53 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2565 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 花开剑鞘边 ] 在 2009-02-14 05:34:40 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
Wealth, Success and Love

(Author Unknown)

A woman came out of her house and saw three old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them.

Then she said, "I don't think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat."

"Is the man of the house home?", they asked.
"No," she said. "He's out."
"Then we cannot come in," they replied.

In the evening when her hu*****and came home, she told him what had happened. So, he said, "Go tell them I'm home, and invite them in!"

The woman went out and invited the men in.
"We do not go into a house together," they replied.
"Why is that?" she wanted to know.

One of the old men explained. "His name is Wealth," he said pointing to one of his friends, and pointing to another one he said, "This man is Success, and I am Love." Then he added, "Now, go and discuss with your hu*****and which one of us you want in your home."

The woman went in and told her hu*****and what was said.Her hu*****and was over-joyed. "How nice!" he said. "Since that's the case, let us invite in Wealth. Let him come in and fill our home with wealth!"

His wife disagreed. "Why don't we invite Success?"

But, their daughter was listening from the corner of the room. She jumped in with her own suggestion. "Wouldn't it be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!"The wife agreed. "Then, let us heed our daughter's advice," said the hu*****and to his wife. "Go out and invite Love in to be our guest."

The woman went out and asked the three old men, "Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest." Love got up and started walking toward the house. Then the other two also got up and followed him.

Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success, "I only invited in Love, as you directed. Why are you all coming in?"

The old men replied together, "If you had invited only Wealth or Success, the other two of us would have stayed. However, since you invited Love... wherever He goes, we go with him... because wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!"

Received from an email by a college friend. Please EMAIL this inspirational story to any and all people you care about. Hopefully, they will do the same... and more Love will be invited into our homes.

Welcome to my new English blog Dream of Jade

所有跟帖: 

回复:Wealth, Success and Love -palmtree- 给 palmtree 发送悄悄话 (25 bytes) () 02/12/2009 postreply 21:51:47

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”