归来闲话

来源: melly 2009-01-17 20:00:41 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4974 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ melly ] 在 2009-01-18 05:30:35 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Coming back from China, what welcomes me is the freezing temperature, which I have never ever experienced so far. Cold wind straightly penetrates everything I wear, like a knife stabbing right into my bones.  Nasal mucus freezes even before it runs out of my nose on my way from the parking lot to the office building. What a day!!! Friends tease me: “You are back right on time.”

Well, people may feel much worse because of the financial collapse. However, it is quite different from the atmosphere of Spring Festival in China. Chinese people seem not be affected by the economy recession wide-spreading in the Western countries. Alternatively, maybe it is just an illusion of coming Chinese New Year. Nevertheless, both the infrastructure including highways, railroads, high-speed trains and communication technologies and the related services have been greatly improved. People look younger, happier and much more beautiful.

Obama will inaugurate to be the first African American president next Tuesday. I am a fan of neither politics nor politician. However, I’d rather believe his inauguration as the first African American president in America history symbolizes the advancement of the entire society and the improvement of the democracy. People finally achieve great progress after having been pursuing racial equality and human rights for centuries.

What average people really care is the issues corresponding to their daily life such as job, retirement, health care, kid’s education. No matter what, solving the basic problems resulted from the economy meltdown would be on top of everything.

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
8226;  Movie “Sex and the City”
8226;  和时间赛跑
8226;  The Parent Trap
8226;  Always There
8226;  Dream Catcher

所有跟帖: 

melly, welcome back. Glad to see you here again. :-) -YuGong- 给 YuGong 发送悄悄话 YuGong 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/17/2009 postreply 20:12:40

回复:归来闲话 -melly- 给 melly 发送悄悄话 melly 的博客首页 (125 bytes) () 01/18/2009 postreply 15:17:20

回复:回复:归来闲话 -YuGong- 给 YuGong 发送悄悄话 YuGong 的博客首页 (139 bytes) () 01/18/2009 postreply 15:53:53

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”