Repost- New Concept English II - 43 (1/15/09)

来源: eyeyey 2009-01-15 04:42:26 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1278 bytes)

Lesson 43 Over the South Pole

In 1929,three years after his flight over the North Pole, the American explorer, R.E.Byrd,successfully flew over the South Pole for the first time.Though, at first,Byrd and his men were able to take a great many photographs of the mountains that lay below, they soon ran into serious trouble. At one point, it seemed certain that their plane would crash. It could only get over the mountains if it rose to 10,000 feet.Byrd at once ordered his men to throw out two heavy food sacks. The plane was then able to rise and it cleared the mountains by 400 feet.Byrd now knew that he could be able to reach the South Pole which was 300 miles away, for there were no more mountains in sight. The aircraft was able to fly over the endless white plains without difficulty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one-hour practiced version. I was sad last night because one of good friends told me that she was let go. I did not know how to comfort her. Wish good luck to her.

所有跟帖: 

回复:Repost- New Concept English II - 43 (1/15/09) -任我为- 给 任我为 发送悄悄话 任我为 的博客首页 (242 bytes) () 01/15/2009 postreply 08:18:03

回复:回复:Repost- New Concept English II - 43 (1/15/09) -eyeyey- 给 eyeyey 发送悄悄话 eyeyey 的博客首页 (156 bytes) () 01/15/2009 postreply 08:25:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”