回复:【漫兴随笔】 图文答友 “小黑精灵” icon 的 解释

来源: 宋德利利 2009-01-09 20:19:52 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1745 bytes)
Dear Lakeshore,

It’s wonderful to read your nice reply, though it’s somewhat late. What you tell me is very interesting and meaningful as well. From the whole story about the icon of your blog, namely the little black boy, I learnt a lot. And the most important thing is that I finally understand the reason why you take “Little Soldier”as your pen name. I’d like to say that every one of us needs a certain spirit. And you prefer to the spirit of a soldier. I applaud your choice. Maybe you don’t know that I was once a true soldier so I know the real meanings of this spirit. To my understaning, the spirit of a soldier means at least two things, namely to be brave and to fear no death. If a man fears no death, then there is nothing in the world which cannot be done by him.

I’m glad to learn that you’ll send me some poems of a Canadian poet which I look forward to reading. And I feel very grateful to you for your sincere concern about my translation of the Chinese Classics. But I’m sorry to tell you that I cannot do any translations other than the big book The Theory of Moral Sentiments by Adam Smith. This book is not so easy as English novels so it’ll take me a long time to finish it. I’ve just done less than 1/3. Yet I think there is enough time for me because the publishing house allows me a time limit of one and a half year. One of the main reasons for my slow progress is that I have been working everyday ever since the last April even without one single day for rest. Otherwise I can do it much more quickly.

Have a nice weekend. You can just imagine how greatly I envy you because another weekend has come for you but for me it only means work. See you.

Deli Song 01-09-2009
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”