【The embarrassing momnet】The car was broken,【囧事】汽车坏了

来源: xia23 2023-12-29 07:40:11 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4656 bytes)

It is a true story. One day I was doing my experiment as I was a graduate student. All of sudden, the phone rang. It was from our chairman of The Chinese Student and Scholar Association in our school. I thought he might be sending me an invitation to a banquet from our China Consulate and my heart thumped heavily (footnote: happiness never comes twice). He said instead, too bad, my car is broken. I asked him where you are, he said I'm standing on a curb not far from a gas station. I stopped my experiment immediately and drove my motorcycle (50 cc, Yamaha) there. Inserting the key for ignition, I found the tank was absolutely empty. I told him that his car was probably ok, because there was no gas at all in the tank. I asked him how much gas he put in his car each fill, he replied, “two gallons”. Oh my God, his car was a six cylinder Ford Maverick, 197x model, a gas eater! It could only get 10-18 miles per gallon! I was speechless. With the help of two people from the gas station, the car was pushed to a spot where the gas pump could be reached. Guess what? He did add two gallons, no more no less, again ih his tank! The car was ok, he drove his away. I thought I would not be the first person to be called by our darling chairman and won't be the last one either. Watch the back of his slim built body, I wondered why he wasn’t a pretty girl? I wished the car were broken again sooner!

真事。那天读博的我正在做实验,忽然接到我校当年的留学生和学者联谊会主席的电话,以为要传达领事馆对我参加宴会的邀请,正在心花怒放(脚注:福不双至),没想到他说,不好了,车坏了。我问他在哪儿,他说在一个加油站附近。我停下实验,开着我的摩托到了那里。我把钥匙上到钥匙眼里,发现一点油都没了。我说车可能没坏,可能是没油了,我问他你每次加油加多少油,他说2加仑。哎呀,我的妈呀,这是6缸的197x年的老爷福特Maverick车,1加仑只能跑十几英里!我无语!我们从加油站里请了2人,一起把汽车推到加油管前。您猜怎末着,他老人家又加了2加仑!车没坏!他又上路了!我想,我绝不是这位主席的第一个不速之客,也不会是主席的最后一个。看着他苗条的背影,我在想,他咋不是一个美妞呢?车应该再坏几次才好。

-------------------------------------------------------

Words below are from pure imagination.

Suppose the call from our chairman is an invitation to the dance:

Carl Maria von Weber: (Afforderung zum Tanze (Invitation to the dance). Op. 65

Suppose the car of his is the one from this book,

"Why we took the car", which is a translation from a German book Tschick by Wolfgang Herrndorf. You could learn German from the Movie (PAL), audio CD and the book in German:

I have translated several pieces from a textbook and this book in:

https://blog.wenxuecity.com/myblog/40376/202306/18086.html

It seems a free movie here:

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

哈哈,这帖子很欢乐!我好朋友刚来美国也发生过类似的事情。买了第一辆车后,在路上开心地开着。突然车开不动了。以为车坏了。 -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2023 postreply 07:58:55

打911求救,警察来了,稍作检查,乐了。原来是车没油了。好友BF还是清华物理系的。居然没想到车要加油。莫非相信永动机咩? -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (483 bytes) () 12/29/2023 postreply 08:03:00

Is there a way to bring some gas to a car ? -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2023 postreply 09:30:14

nan-phobia: WXC doesn't allow the question mark from US -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2023 postreply 09:42:18

input source. (nan: non-alphanumeric) -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2023 postreply 09:42:56

有关车的故事多:) -豆青- 给 豆青 发送悄悄话 豆青 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2023 postreply 09:31:23

谢谢大家 -xia23- 给 xia23 发送悄悄话 xia23 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/29/2023 postreply 14:19:49

Ending写得好,笑到了。当年的留学生穷啊,一分钱掰成两分钱用。 -暖冬cool夏- 给 暖冬cool夏 发送悄悄话 暖冬cool夏 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/30/2023 postreply 05:52:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”