11月2号玉泉路附近

来源: 永远老李 2023-11-15 07:23:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1892 bytes)

Anything unusual in this picture?

This picture was taken in Beijing in early morning 11/02. The picture was taken about one mile away from the Babaoshan state funeral place, the famous 八宝山革命公墓。The time was about between 8am and 8:30am. It was the day the former Chinese premier Li Keqiang's body to be cremated. 

Two points worth mentioning. 1st, this was rush hour in workday morning. Beijing streets are notorious for its heavy traffic and congested roads. Usually the main street is full of vechiles and the traffic is down to crawling most of time.  But in this particular day, the road is literally empty. The offical motorcade will be here any time in the morning. The city traffic control not only empty the main road but also clear the side street as well. You don't see any pedestrain either. There are spradic crowds far away from the curb side. 2nd, look at those people wearing black clothes on the right hand of the picture. They are plain clothes cops or special force members. there are several of them in almost every intersection. Think about the length of whole 长安街. Think about how many of them were deployed that morning. They are not taking chances. They don't want any surprises. Of course, there are many traffic cops with uniform. Those plain clothes people tried to blend in but their existance is so obvious. This shot was taken on the overhead bridge for pedestrain which is high up and across the main street. Three or five shots later, I was approached by one of those plain clothes persons. He reminded me with polite but very firm voice "I think you are done. Time to leave.(差不多得了,请离开)“

This is not the time to be cocky or to be brave. I left. 

所有跟帖: 

你当时在北京?好帖子!占位点赞。 -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/15/2023 postreply 09:25:53

Yes, I was in Beijing -永远老李- 给 永远老李 发送悄悄话 (332 bytes) () 11/15/2023 postreply 09:42:22

哇,如此不寻常,说明了国内的政治气氛。。。。。李中堂生前生后都憋屈。。哎。 -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/15/2023 postreply 11:06:51

I was the only one took photos on the bridge that day -永远老李- 给 永远老李 发送悄悄话 (298 bytes) () 11/15/2023 postreply 12:55:36

"... time to leave" sounds like agent Smith in "the Matrix." -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/15/2023 postreply 10:22:43

曾经在八宝山隔壁住过一年 -godog- 给 godog 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/16/2023 postreply 11:59:43

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”