Sir Kazuo Ishiguro石黒 一雄 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature (U.K.

来源: TJKCB 2023-11-08 10:39:07 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (101856 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ TJKCB ] 在 2023-11-08 11:16:12 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

As a second-generation immigrant from Japan, being the first person with the right idea and the right resources available at the right time in history, "luck is a primary key factor for any success," he humbly said, especially in literature. In the U.K., rich in Shakespeare soil and souls, there is never a lack of writers of inspiration. 

Based on his writing, you might make a list of themes that can be extrapolated:

1) Cultural identity and influence: The discussion of Ishiguro's Japanese heritage and its impact on his upbringing, including the influence of Japanese values on his perspectives

2) Setting and historical context: Various novels are set in different time periods and locations, reflecting the exploration of values and ideals under different historical circumstances, such as pre-war and postwar settings.

3) Literary influences and style: Ishiguro's literary inspirations, including Dostoyevsky and Proust, as well as comparisons to other authors such as Salman Rushdie, Jane Austen, and Henry James

4) Recognition and awards: Ishiguro's achievements, including the Nobel Prize in Literature and his appointment as Knight Bachelor for services to literature, reflect his significant contributions to the literary world.

5) Technological and existential themes: the exploration of the dangers of technological advancement, the future of humanity, and the essence of being human in his novel "Klara and the Sun."

6) Adaptation and influence in other media: Ishiguro's adaptation of the screenplay for the film "Living," which was based on the 1952 Japanese film "Ikiru," directed by Akira Kurosawa, and the subsequent nomination of the film for an Oscar Award in the Best Adapted Screenplay category

7) Appetite, desire, solitude, and aspiration collectively influence our assessment of nourishment, hydration, interpersonal connections, and our achievements. Bursts of the brain chemical dopamine are discharged during instances of gratification, yet it remains uncertain how these dopamine indications alter when an individual's preferences adjust.

These themes highlight Ishiguro's diverse influences, historical explorations, and contributions to literature, as well as his engagement with contemporary issues and his impact on other forms of artistic expression, such as film.

*** References:

Sir Kazuo Ishiguro OBE FRSA FRSL (Japanese石黒 一雄HepburnIshiguro Kazuo/kæ?zu?.o? ?????ɡuro?, ?kæzu.o?/; born 8 November 1954) is a Japanese-born British novelist, screenwriter, musician, and short-story writer. He is one of the most critically acclaimed and praised contemporary fiction authors writing in English, having been awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature. In its citation, the Swedish Academy described Ishiguro as a writer "who, in novels of great emotional force, has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of connection with the world".[1]

Ishiguro was born in Nagasaki, Japan, and moved to Britain in 1960 with his parents when he was five. His first two novels, A Pale View of Hills and An Artist of the Floating World, were noted for their explorations of Japanese identity and their mournful tone. He thereafter explored other genres, including science fiction and historical fiction.

He has been nominated for the Booker Prize four times, winning the prize in 1989 for his novel The Remains of the Day, which was adapted into a film of the same name in 1993. Salman Rushdie praised the novel as Ishiguro's masterpiece, in which he "turned away from the Japanese settings of his first two novels and revealed that his sensibility was not rooted in any one place, but capable of travel and metamorphosis".[2]

Time named Ishiguro's science fiction novel Never Let Me Go as the best novel of 2005 and one of the 100 best English-language novels published between 1923 and 2005. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay for the 2022 film Living. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazuo_Ishiguro] 

Citizenship
  • Japan (until 1983)
  • United Kingdom (since 1983)
Education
Occupations
  • Novelist
  • short story writer
  • screenwriter
  • columnist
  • songwriter
Years active 1981–present
Spouse
Lorna MacDougall

?
(m. 1986)?
Children Naomi Ishiguro
Awards
Writing career
Genre
Notable works

Personal life[edit]

Ishiguro has been married to Lorna MacDougall, a social worker, since 1986.[35] They met at the West London Cyrenians homelessness charity in Notting Hill, where Ishiguro was working as a residential resettlement worker. The couple live in London.[14] Their daughter, Naomi Ishiguro, is also an author, and published the book Escape Routes.[36]

He describes himself as a "serious cinephile" and "great admirer of Bob Dylan".[37]

Honours and awards[edit]

National or state honours[edit]

Literary awards[edit]

Except for A Pale View of Hills and The Buried Giant, all of Ishiguro's novels and his short story collection have been shortlisted for major awards.[5] Most significantly, An Artist of the Floating WorldWhen We Were Orphans, and Never Let Me Go were all short-listed for the Booker Prize (as was The Remains of the Day, which won it). A leaked account of a judging committee's meeting revealed that the committee found itself deciding between Never Let Me Go and John Banville's The Sea before awarding the prize to the latter.[40][41]

Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro | Life hacks for school, Never let me go,  A level english literature Never Let Me Go Kazuo Ishiguro Life Hacks For School, Never, 47% OFF Never Let Me Go Kazuo Ishiguro Life Hacks For School, Never, 47% OFF  Never Let Me Go - Zusammenfassung ? Inhaltsangabe · [mit Video]Kazuo Ishiguro: Never let me go – characters |analysis|notes| – The  literary blogger 

Archive For 2017 Nobel Laureate Kazuo Ishiguro Housed At University Of  Texas At Austin | North Austin, TX Patch

KAZUO ISHIGURO, A NOBEL LAUREATE FOR THESE MUDDLED TIMES Kazuo Ishiguro - The Remains of the Day - AbeBooks   Two-part interview with 2017 Nobel laureate Kazuo Ishiguro – Podularity 

Kazuo Ishiguro: Time Out of Mind - GaijinPot

March Pick of the Month: “Klara and the Sun” by Kazuo Ishiguro | WITF

Kazuo Ishiguro stresses "supreme value" of life in Nagasaki  A-bomb messageSTOCKHOLM 2017-12-10 Kazuo Ishiguro, 2017 Nobel Literature laureate, show  his Nobel award for his wife Lorna MacDougall (left) and daughter Naomi  Ishiguro after the Nobel awards in theConcert Hall of Stockholm onSTOCKHOLM 2017-12-10 Kazuo Ishiguro, 2017 Nobel Literature laureate, show his Nobel award for his wife Lorna MacDougall (left) and daughter Naomi Ishiguro after the Nobel

所有跟帖: 

占位点赞,晚上来看。:) -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 12:51:38

Remember the movie starring Hopkins. Forgot its Chinese name -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 12:51:55

[The Remains of the Day] Hopkins... -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (6966 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 13:52:41

多谢分享诺贝尔获奖者石黒 一雄。村上春树估计早就哭晕在厕所里了。。LOL -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 19:23:55

I don't understand why in restroom :)) -卫宁- 给 卫宁 发送悄悄话 卫宁 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 21:06:42

Can you be specific? -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 21:20:03

for privacy I guess :--)) -Oona- 给 Oona 发送悄悄话 Oona 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2023 postreply 06:25:39

Yep, only speculation, neither could be confirmed. -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2023 postreply 14:17:30

可以抱着马桶哭呀,哈哈 -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/10/2023 postreply 04:22:14

Ishiguro is my favorite contemporary English writer -颤音- 给 颤音 发送悄悄话 颤音 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 21:04:00

never let me go is a master piece -颤音- 给 颤音 发送悄悄话 颤音 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 21:05:45

also like his Klara and the sun -颤音- 给 颤音 发送悄悄话 颤音 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 21:06:26

In what ways? -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 21:19:24

How so? -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2023 postreply 21:19:04

thank you! -Oona- 给 Oona 发送悄悄话 Oona 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2023 postreply 06:24:55

I am in awe. would definitely be reading him. -Oona- 给 Oona 发送悄悄话 Oona 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2023 postreply 06:24:00

in awe! well said. -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/09/2023 postreply 16:42:26

Loved his book "The Remains of the Day" and the movie. -仁可- 给 仁可 发送悄悄话 仁可 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/10/2023 postreply 14:53:20

audio book -TJKCB- 给 TJKCB 发送悄悄话 TJKCB 的博客首页 (167 bytes) () 11/13/2023 postreply 16:56:54

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”