FDR-crippled taught a crippled country to walk w/Elenor

来源: TJKCB 2023-11-04 20:07:21 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4898 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ TJKCB ] 在 2023-11-04 20:34:55 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

YYYXJ alerted me: "My previous post could be neither delected nor edited nor clicked on. So, I posted a new one here.

"A crippled person taught a crippled country to walk again!" A line swells my eye with tears of joy and marvel for a country with blessings to have such a great man like FDR. WW2: "th only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Nameless, unjustified teror."

In the midst of adversity, a nation found its guiding light in the remarkable leadership of FDR, a man whose strength transcended physical and national limitations. As World War II raged on, his iconic words, 'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself,' echoed through the turmoil, offering solace and a resolute call to overcome nameless and unjustified terror. With reverence and gratitude, we marvel at the profound impact of a leader whose resilience and vision guided a crippled nation to newfound strength and unity.

Eleanor Roosevelt, known for her sharp intellect and steadfast dedication to social progress, embodies a persona that, despite her own position of privilege, treasures the importance of genuine bonds and significant relationships with the general public.

Her uncle, President Ted Roosevelt, walks her to his cousin, the future President, Eleanor 

@2:30:59: "What do you want to eat?"

"Scrambled eggs;"

"You know that is the thing I can make."

102 oF. 

As the series traces Roosevelt's life journey, it illuminates Eleanor's evolution from a young woman of privilege into a pioneering advocate for social change. Her resilience, intelligence, and unwavering commitment to the betterment of society serve as an enduring inspiration, reminding us of the indelible impact one individual can have in shaping the course of history. In the legacy of Eleanor Roosevelt, we find a testament to the transformative power of fortitude, compassion, and the unwavering pursuit of social justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQphbqeiPzg&t=687s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPQ6v5veOsk&t=318s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlqJaJuEvds

Jan 31, 2016
Eleanor and Franklin (1976) is a mini-series broadcast on ABC on January 11, 1976, starring Edward Herrmann as Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR) and Jane Alexander as Eleanor Roosevelt.

It was based on the 1971 Pulitzer Prize-winning and best-selling biography by Eleanor's personal secretary, Joseph P. Lash.

The film relates their lives in flashback from the perspective of the the newly-widowed Eleanor (in 1945), who recalls

- the time they were children as cousins who met briefly

- their courtship and marriage, bearing and raising a large family (5 children)

- her social efforts as he rises to Assistant Secretary of the Navy in World War I

- his hidden affair with Lucy Mercer

- her help and encouragement with his famous bout with the affliction of polio

- her campaigning with Louis Howe, their mentor, crony and campaign manager during her husband’s runs for political offices in the New York state legislature

- his unsuccessful effort for Vice President in 1920

- his election as Governor of New York and his rivalry with the failed candidate for the presidency in 1928, Al Smith

- his election to the Presidency in 1932 during the "Great Depression".

Part two, about FDR's years in the White House and World War II,

is here:     

• Eleanor and Franklin part 2: The Whit...  

More movies about American presidents:   

• American Presidents movies  

所有跟帖: 

沙发!终于坐上沙发了。 又是周末轻松看影视节目的时候,谢谢T妹的分享。 -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/04/2023 postreply 20:12:01

TV series traced Franklin D. Roosevelt... -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/04/2023 postreply 20:23:11

th only thing we have to fear is fear itself -方外居士- 给 方外居士 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/05/2023 postreply 06:56:39

本日金桔 -盈盈一笑间- 给 盈盈一笑间 发送悄悄话 盈盈一笑间 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/05/2023 postreply 07:08:39

phobephobia -7grizzly- 给 7grizzly 发送悄悄话 7grizzly 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/05/2023 postreply 08:58:29

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”