Book recommendation: Emotional Blackmail

来源: DrZhu 2022-12-20 07:48:22 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1822 bytes)

Emotional blackmail. Who are the blackmailers? And who the victims? They are all of us.

I recommend the book ‘Emotional Blackmail-When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You,’ authored by therapist, bestselling author, Susan Forward.  

Blackmail thrives on FOG—fear (F), obligation (O), and guilt (G). It operates like this: if you do not do what I ask, I will do such and such, and be in such and such a situation, and that will be your fault. Sound familiar?

The book detailed guidelines for step-by-step actions to deal with blackmail and blackmailers. Blackmailers are not enemies. They are our families, friends, colleagues, even ourselves. As such, we must deal with blackmail and blackmailers carefully but firmly to restore a healthy relationship. First and foremost, we need to understand the part we played in the dance of blackmail, confront our own fears, draw out boundary for our responsibility and loyalty, and understand there are always choices to make for both the targets and blackmailers. If we are to make changes, we need to change ourselves first. That takes courage, thoughtfulness, and patience.

One of the reasons the book is convincing and interesting to read is that Susan Forward filled the book with ample examples—the real stories of her patients—their struggles and recovery from blackmail. When I read the book, from cover to cover, those people came alive. I could see them, feel their pain, and experience the process of their slow recovery.

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

欢迎DrZhu来美坛玩!Thanks for sharing! -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2022 postreply 08:46:06

理解。Blackmail,有的时候就是自己吓唬自己,but will affect performance signif -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2022 postreply 08:47:43

significantly -妖妖灵- 给 妖妖灵 发送悄悄话 妖妖灵 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2022 postreply 08:47:55

谢谢妖灵灵。 -DrZhu- 给 DrZhu 发送悄悄话 DrZhu 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/21/2022 postreply 05:59:13

恭喜DrZhu。首页进来,谢谢网管,Book recommendation: Emotional Blackma推荐成功 -梅雨潭- 给 梅雨潭 发送悄悄话 (95 bytes) () 12/20/2022 postreply 18:45:45

谢谢梅雨潭 -DrZhu- 给 DrZhu 发送悄悄话 DrZhu 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/21/2022 postreply 06:00:04

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”