Mission Style Cherry Queen Bed

来源: rockcurrent 2017-02-07 13:28:18 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4880 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ rockcurrent ] 在 2017-02-07 19:27:05 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

LD asked for a hardboard bed. So I decided to hand-make a hardwood bed for the highest under my roof.

At the beginning, I planned to use oak wood. But the idea was changed when I thought about the amount of time to put on the project. Instead of using an ordinary wood, a more expensive hardy wood, cherry, was selected for the project for it beauitful wood grain, as well as the facts that cherry naturally darkens and beautifies to give a red color after exposure to light. Therefore, it is unnecessary to stain cherry to gain a good look, and only requires a protective finish coating with oil or other clear materials.

Here are the images of the raw cherry wood bought for the project:

The project was started by making four legs: two taller front legs and two shorter end legs as shown below:

legs were made by gluing four boards onto a core wood subsequently using clamps shown in above pictures. The glued legs were planned smooth and sanded to satisfaction as shown in figure 4 using planner.

Next, the rails and runners for the front-head and end board panels were assembled together after being properly processed for mortise and tenon or floating tenon connection using router, miter saw and table saw.  All the rails and runners were sanded before assembling. Frame connecotor hardwares were also laid properly in legs and frame rails.

The assembled head and end boards look like in the following picture:

And some more details in the following pictures :

This is what the bed looks like with frame rails attached to head and end boards:

Now, it is ready for the finishing touch!

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

天啊,你的手也太巧了,你是怎么琢磨出来的啊?! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (59 bytes) () 02/07/2017 postreply 16:11:42

谢谢MF鼓励! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (158 bytes) () 02/07/2017 postreply 19:21:03

Wow, that is a well made bed which is very impressive. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/09/2017 postreply 10:09:37

谢谢紫君夸奖 -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (111 bytes) () 02/10/2017 postreply 11:15:09

Just found you have another ID at WXC, is this an English versio -woodsensor- 给 woodsensor 发送悄悄话 woodsensor 的博客首页 (327 bytes) () 02/12/2017 postreply 22:04:03

Welcome to MYSJ. Right, here is the English version!! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (169 bytes) () 02/13/2017 postreply 03:50:03

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]