电影短语:You Are A Legend(视频片段)

来源: 祤湫霖 2016-10-08 19:14:32 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2062 bytes)

English @ the Movies: "You Are A Legend"  (ZT)

Welcome to the English@ the movies where we teach you American English heard at the movies. Today's expresss is "you're a legend."  from the movie "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back." This action movie about is about a former military officer who receives honors for his services. Let's listen to the phrase" you are a legend."

---Thanks for tipping us off to that sheriff.

---When are you coming to DC?

---I move around a lot.

---You are a legend. Folks wonder why you left. Purple hearts, silver star.

So what's the meaning of " You are a legend"?

A). You are famous.

B). You are too old.

Listen again and see if you are correct.

The phrase " You are a legend" means you are famous or well-known. In the movie, Jack Reacher is known for his strength and bravery. A legend can be alsoa story from the past that many people believe. It is not possible to prove whether such a story is true or not. However like Jack Reacher all legends are famous. And that is English @ the movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUlKZcHXSPc

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Official IMAX Trailer (2016) - Tom Cruise Movie

所有跟帖: 

电影短语:I Am Just Ordinary(视频片段) -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (2278 bytes) () 10/08/2016 postreply 19:18:49

喜欢看电影学短语,谢谢祤湫霖分享,问好! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/09/2016 postreply 12:35:26

谢谢松松留言,周日好,新周快乐。 -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/09/2016 postreply 15:55:58

You are not ordinary, but you are a legendary grace. -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (39 bytes) () 10/10/2016 postreply 07:42:00

Thanks for your compliments.I am really flattered. -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (242 bytes) () 11/03/2016 postreply 12:17:32

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]