Spring Hike (7)

来源: 帅得惊动了党 2016-09-22 17:08:50 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9382 bytes)

The doors chimed close. Finch Station was only two stops away now. My friends were still waiting for me at St. Louis Bar & Grill. I sat down, leaned my body off right to the window side and closed my eyes.
“He is really my type, really really the type I wanted. But I screwed everything up.”
“Don’t worry too much. He will be back to you if he is very much into you.”
It was two girls’ voices behind my back. The voices somewhat sounded as if I had heard somewhere. But my eyes refused to open and my neck refused to turn.
“Will he?”
“It depends on how much he’s into you. Yes, if you find your type, better cherish the chance.”
“I should, but, I was just too moody and accidentally dismantled the bridge between him and myself.”
“Stay cool. Everything will be fine.”
“Thank you. By the way, you don’t sound like a Manchurian. I mean you don’t have the accent in your Mandarin.”
“My hometown is Harbin and I lived in Beijing for quite a long time.”
“That explains.”
“Hey, did you read any book interesting recently?”
“No, but I saw Sarah reading a silly book of Chi Li.”
“What is it?”
“Uh, it’s called, uh, hold on, uh, oh yah, Moan As You Cum.”
Both burbled with mirk.
“And I even tried to read the first page. The very first sentence of the whole book goes, Bian Rongda is the name of Bian Rongda. What the hell!”
“If any Canadian writer goes, Stephen Harper is the name of Steven Harper, people would think this guy’s head got jammed by the door.”
“That’s true.”
“Have you read the Four Classical Masterpieces of Chinese Literature?”
“Only Romance of Three Kingdoms and Dream of the Red Chamber.”
“Which chapter do you like best in the Three Kingdoms?”
“Hmm, I already forgot a lot, but what still impresses me is Sweet Dew Temple. How about you?”
“My favourite one was Tiger Jail Pass.”
“Oh yah, I like that too. Hey, how did you feel our hike today?”
“The hike was great fun. Right?”
“Yes. Good thing is, we didn't drive. But do you wanna try next time?”
“Are you serious? You know how bad I’m at telling directions. And literally, I’m a local road driver. So I saved a lot of my energy and I greatly enjoyed eating, drinking, chatting, hiking, and appreciating sceneries all day today.”
“Same here. Any boy interested you? Or do you feel any potential dating?”
“Things like that take time, sister. It’s my first time to participate into such social activity. I only decided to come this morning. Didn’t get myself well prepared. And yes, just like you said, you’re trying to find your type, so am I to find mine. Type matching is very important. Well, this is like, as you know, when we do cooking, we always go eggs stir-fried with tomatoes, and go bak choy stir-fried with mushrooms, right?”
“Right.”
“See? These types match. But when we put two unmatched types of people together, then things would be like eggs stir-fried with bak choytomatoes with mushrooms, right, Lina?”
I opened my eyes and looked back over my shoulder.

Notes:

01. Chi Li - Chinese female writer from Hubei province (池莉,湖北女作家).

02. Moan As You Cum - Chi Li's famous novel (《有了快感你就喊》).
03. Bian Rongda is the name of Bian Rongda - the first sentence of Moan As You Cum (卞容大是卞容大的名字).
04. Stephen Harper - former Prime Minister of Canada (加拿大前任总理斯蒂芬·哈珀)
05. Sweet Dew Temple - the well-known chapter in Romance of Three Kingdoms (《三国演义》中著名章回“甘露寺”).

所有跟帖: 

赞!英语很好。 提到的那书名彪悍,好像在哪里见过那句,原来是一部书。 -小贝壳weed- 给 小贝壳weed 发送悄悄话 小贝壳weed 的博客首页 (117 bytes) () 09/23/2016 postreply 08:01:26

谢谢!据池莉本人说,那书名取自美军火柴盒上的口号。池莉好像和李银河一样,都属于那种比较生猛的女性先驱。 -帅得惊动了党- 给 帅得惊动了党 发送悄悄话 帅得惊动了党 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/23/2016 postreply 18:24:39

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!