生米煮成熟饭

来源: TJKCB 2016-04-22 09:31:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5937 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ TJKCB ] 在 2016-04-22 09:37:33 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
fait ac·com·pli
?fet ?käm?plē,?fāt/
fait ac·com·pli. (f?t′ ä-k?m-plē′, fāt′). n. pl. faits ac·com·plis (f?t′ä-k?m-plē′, -plēz′, fāt′). An accomplished, presumably irreversible deed or fact.

a fait accompli (Google translate: 既成事实). ).“).“生米煮成熟饭” 翻译就更形象到位! 英语翻译成中文,要有文化的转型基础。

I got this word from Erich Segal's novel "Love Story" - Father Oliver Barrett III told the OB IV about his girlfriend Jennifer Caprilerali (Italian decendent) "What do you expect me to say? You present us with a fait accompli, don't you?" It's at dinner table in the Harvard Club - a place with heavy feeling, being there, I felt it - looking those so much decorated things around and everyone there dressed up so formally and kept their shoulders back, held head high, showing their pride/dignity/-commanding respect - you picked up right away.
~~
noun
  1. a thing that has already happened or been decided before those affected hear about it, leaving them with no option but to accept.

Etymology[edit]. Borrowing from French fait accompli (“an accomplished fact”), from fait (“a fact”) + accompli (“accomplished”).

Fait accompli | Define Fait accompli at Dictionary.com

www.dictionary.com/browse/fait-accompli

Something that has already been done: “The company president did not discuss the new hiring policy with her board of directors; instead she put it into effect and presented the board with a fait accompli.” From French, meaning “an accomplished fact.”

~~

Fait accompli is a French phrase which means literally "an accomplished deed". It is commonly used to describe an action which is completed before those affected by it are in a position to query or reverse it. Perhaps the nearest English equivalent is a "done deal".

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

正式翻译不该随便添加比喻 -abookl- 给 abookl 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/22/2016 postreply 09:55:20

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标