【HSC--美队】 Like a spring breeze in the winter, from Russia

来源: 井龙和 2016-02-26 18:20:24 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2610 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 井龙和 ] 在 2016-02-28 06:51:06 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

It's late February. The spring is almost around the corner. But some two years ago it was very much different. That winter seemed endless, and the Washington, DC area was repeatedly pounded by snow storm after snow storm. February 14, 2014 was no different as weather was concerned. Heavy snow started falling late in the afternoon, again,  and turned into freezing rain and snow mix later. In the evening we drove out from home, to the Music Center at Strathmore, where the St. Petersburg Philharmonic Orchestra concert was to be held. The concert hall was respectably filled with many music enthusiasts who failed to resist the charm and attraction of a great orchestra and ventured out in almost forbidding weather despite state-of-emergency alerts. The concert was cut short because of road safety concerns. The opening“Barber of Seville" overture was dropped, the intermission was removed, and the event became an all-Russian affair. 
The soloist in the opening Prokofiev violin concerto was 31 year old Japanese violinist Sayaka Shoji, a new face to me. She delivered a superb performance with brilliant skills and composure. Then came the large piece , Rachmaninoff second symphony. With velvet like lush sound, flawless orchestration, like colorful clouds, Rachmaninoff's romantically beautiful melodies flowed from the stage, filling every corner of the hall. My ears luxuriated in tactile, simple aural pleasures, and my heart felt rousing warm spring air. Just then I realized why the orchestra was considered a "national treasure" of Russia, and its conductor Yuri Temirkanov one of the best in the world.  Thank you, wonderful musicians from Russia, for a most memorable spring like evening in a bitter winter.

violinist Sayaka Shoji                             conductor  Yuri Temirkanov

所有跟帖: 

好高雅,我的水平还不到。:) -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2016 postreply 18:38:55

谢谢美风赏光。 -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2016 postreply 18:58:14

真好听, 写的也同样的好, 谢谢分享! -颤音- 给 颤音 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/26/2016 postreply 19:12:15

谢谢颤音鼓励。 -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2016 postreply 06:43:04

Thanks for your wonderful writing and beautiful music. -斓婷- 给 斓婷 发送悄悄话 斓婷 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/28/2016 postreply 11:57:42

Thank you 斓婷. -铁血除奸队长- 给 铁血除奸队长 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/28/2016 postreply 17:44:46

LOL. Welcome to the club. :-) -肖庄- 给 肖庄 发送悄悄话 肖庄 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/28/2016 postreply 20:43:06

Thank you. I like this new hangout. -铁血除奸队长- 给 铁血除奸队长 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/29/2016 postreply 05:28:03

Deeply attracted by this spectacular piece of music performed by -cobraa- 给 cobraa 发送悄悄话 cobraa 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/29/2016 postreply 19:25:52

Russian music performed by the Russians sounds very special -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/01/2016 postreply 06:02:13

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”