现在贴上略作改动的版本,仅供楼主参考。

来源: xyzabc 2014-12-28 19:45:40 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5904 bytes)
回答: 。。。。星光华逸2014-12-27 19:49:28
时间有限,如果多顺几遍,应该还有不少改进的空间。以下版本仅供楼主参考(本人是工科女,英文很一般,此举是希望楼主的亲戚顺利圆梦)。
我会把用 WORD 修改的原文件发给楼主,以便比较。

Personal Statement

I grew up in a mountain village in northeast China far away from metropolis. When I was very young, I often assisted my father in horticultural work in a small nursery which was the single most important financial support for my household. I had wished the saplings and flowers cultivated by my father could improve the family living conditions. Because of my childhood experience in nursery, I began to take a great interest in agroforestry economics.

In the summer holiday of 2004 when I finished junior high school, I went to visit my uncle who lived in the countryside of Shenyang, the capital of Liaoning Province in northeast China and industrial center of China. It was surprising that I found an orchard nearby my uncle’s house had grown a new hazel species which the nut size is larger and the shell is thinner than that of wild nuts in my native village. Through my uncle, I met the orchard owner and learned that this hazelnut cultivar is an experimental hybrid species named Ping’ou Hybrid hazelnut (CORYLUS HETEROPHYLLA × C. AVELLANA) cultivated by the Economic Forestry Research Institute of Liaoning Province.

I realized that Ping’ou hybrid hazelnut had more economic value than other crops such as maize. So I went back home immediately and attempted to persuade my parents to introduce Ping’ou hybrid hazelnuts. They thought I was crazy because I was only seventeen years old at that time. At last my father agreed to make a field study with me and finally he changed his mind. My parents however, did not have enough money to introduce hybrid hazelnut saplings; furthermore hazelnut cultivation would not have generated any income in the initial three years. In order to save money, I abandoned my enrollment in a key high school and chose to study in an ordinary high school in which my tuition was waived.

My undergraduate major is agricultural economics and management. I like agricultural economics and understand that I need professional knowledge to run a family business of hybrid hazelnut. Beyond my major curriculum, I audited a lot of other disciplinal courses related to agroforestry such as plant pathology, plant physiology, forest tree breeding, pomology, etc. By applying theory to practice, I invented a few innovative methods to improve the cultivation and management of hybrid hazelnut. In my junior year, I led a team that won the first prize of 5000 RMB personal bonus at the 7th “Challenging Cup Entrepreneurship Competition of Shenyang Agricultural University”.

Beyond campus life, the tapping of hybrid hazelnut saplings into agricultural market is also an important issue for me. When I was a freshman, I once heard that an agricultural trade fair was being held in an agricultural exhibition centre, while I arrived there I found the fair was very suitable for the promotion of hybrid hazelnut sapling, so I immediately printed hundreds of leaflets and distributed the leaflets out to customers. From then on, I often attended different types of agricultural fair held in various places, not only for the promotion of hybrid hazelnut saplings, but also for the practice of agroforestry economics.

After I graduated I gave up job offers working in city but instead went back alone to my native village. As the first director general, I set up an agricultural production cooperative that more than thirty farmer families joined in. Through my agricultural cooperative, I taught farmers how to cultivate hybrid hazelnut. A few years later I had expanded the area of orchard grown hybrid hazelnut trees to more than 800 mu (130 acre). How to put hybrid hazelnut sapling on agricultural market is very important. Besides attending different types of trade fairs and exhibitions, I focused on internet promotion such as blog, keywords of search engine and so on.

Through this agricultural production cooperative, I helped a lot of farmer families () improve their living conditions. I also signed long term land contracts with the local government to plant hybrid hazelnuts in barren mountains and offered dozens of farmers work opportunities. During my work in the agricultural production cooperative, I accumulated significant amounts of practical experience about the Chinese rural economic system. I realized that if I wanted to promote market growth and industrialization of hybrid hazelnut in rural area in China, I must learn more professional knowledge at the macro level. So in the year of 2012, I went back to Shenyang Agricultural University and pursued my master’s degree majoring in rural and regional development.

With the improvement of living conditions, my childhood dream had come true step by step; but is simply having a good life my final dream, I ask myself,? Of course not! I am still young and respect knowledge. I believe that my life should be more meaningful. Just as previously mentioned above that I like agricultural economics and campus life, in the future, I really want to devote my life to the cause of education in university. So I decided to pursue my Ph.D. degree.

Now I am a Ph.D. candidate of Shenyang Agricultural University majoring in Agricultural Economics and Management. My academic interest is economics and management of hazelnut, including but (is) not limited to economic assessment of hazelnut production, hazelnut market trends and perspectives.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”