周末一笑: The Day off from Work

来源: 南山松 2014-12-20 05:15:34 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7441 bytes)
1 丈夫的休息日 The Day off from Work

My husband was enjoying the day off from work and watched me scurry about the house. I picked up his dirty clothes, put away his work shoes, carried out his popcorn bowl from the previous night's football viewing, washed the breakfast dishes, wiped the coffee he'd spilled and ironed his shirts. Seeing a thoughtful look on his lace, I wondered if he was beginning to realize just how much unnecessary work he created for me. Maybe he would offer to help. "A penny for your thoughts," I said.
    "I was thinking," he replied, "that one of the things I like best about you is how you always find ways to keep yourself busy."   

2 Wings

The fried-chicken restaurant where I was working had a big rush just before closing one day, leaving us with nothing to sell but wings. As I was about to lock the doors, a quietly intoxicated customer came in and ordered dinner. When I asked if wings would be all right, he leaned over the counter and replied, "Lady, I came in here to eat, not fly."

3 太有礼貌 Too Polite

A woman who frequented a small antique shop rarely purchase anything, but always found fault with the merchandise and prices. The manager and her salesclerk took the woman's grumpy complaints in stride, but one day she went too far. "Why is it I never manage to get what I ask for in your shop?" demanded the woman.
    A smile on her face, the clerk calmly replied, "Perhaps it's because we're too polite."     

4 Perfect Match

A wealthy matron is so proud of a valuable antique vase that she decides to have her bedroom painted the same color as the vase. Several painters try to match the shade, but none comes close enough to satisfy the eccentric woman.
    Eventually, a painter approaches who is confident he can mix the proper color. The woman is pleased with the result, and the painter becomes famous.
    Years later, he retires and turns the business over to his son. "Dad," says the son, "there's something I've got to know. How did you get those walls to match the vase so perfectly?"
    "Son," the father replies, "I painted the vase."

5 Reminder

In the veterinary office where I'm a technician, we mail out reminders when pets are due for vaccinations. Bruno, a German shepherd, arrived for his annual rabies shot, and we were required by state law to ask his owner if Bruno had bitten anyone in the last ten days. "Oh yes, in fact that's why we're here," she replied. Surprised, I told her we assumed they'd come in because of our reminder.
    "We did," she explained. "Bruno bit the mail carrier who was delivering your card."

6 Camera

On our way to a wedding in Vermont, my husband and I realized we had forgotten our camera. We stopped at a general store and, hoping to purchase a cheap, disposable model. Sal asked the owner, "Do you have any of those throwaway cameras?"
    "Look, fella," replied the owner, "I don't care what you do with it after you buy it."

(from internet)

所有跟帖: 

Hilarious jokes. Thanks. Songsong, Merry Christmas. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2014 postreply 11:47:47

Thanks 紫君! I am glad you like it, have a nice holiday! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2014 postreply 13:23:57

Thanks for sharing. I like them. -肖庄- 给 肖庄 发送悄悄话 肖庄 的博客首页 (78 bytes) () 12/20/2014 postreply 23:38:40

问好肖庄,圣诞快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (552 bytes) () 12/24/2014 postreply 19:35:39

"I painted the vase." LOL! -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/21/2014 postreply 16:03:39

问好叶子,圣诞快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/24/2014 postreply 19:37:17

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!