周末一笑:Alexander the Great

来源: 南山松 2014-10-25 05:03:32 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (20143 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 南山松 ] 在 2014-10-27 18:21:07 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
1 亚历山大大帝 Alexander the Great
Landon had made an unsuccessful attempt at the recitationand the doctorsomewhat nettledsaid:“Landonyou don't seem to be getting on very fast in this subject.  You seem to lack ambition.Whyat your age Alexander the Great had conquered half the world.
 "Yes”said Landon"he couldn’t help itfor you will recall the fact, doctor, that Alexander the Great had Aristotle for a teacher.”

2 你输了 You've Lost

On her return from schoollittle Dolly, aged tenwas pulled on to her Daddy's kneeand informed that the fairies had that day brought a big surprise-a little baby brother.She seemed gladand presently said:
"Will you give me a stampdaddy?I want to write and tell brother Tom.
The father was touched by thisand provided the little lass with the materials to write a letter to her brotherwho was away at school.Latercurious to know how she would tell the newshe took an opportunity to read what she had written.He received something of a shock on reading the following:
“Dear Tom,
It's come off today.You've lost;it's a boy.”

3 诗人的名字 The Name of a Poet
Our teacher was telling us about a new system of memory training being used in someschools today.
“It works like this”she said. "Suppose you wanted to remember the name of a poet-Robert Burnsfor instance.”She told us to think of him as Bobby Burns.“Now get in your head a picture of a London policemana bobby in flames. See? Bobby Burns!”
“I see what you mean”said the class know it all.“But how can you tell that it's not Robert Browning?”

4 作文 Essay
Teacher had set his class an essay in "A Game of Cricket".After two minutes Simon Steel handed his paper in and was allowed to go home.
His essay read:"Rain stopped play."

5 除了音乐都好 Except The Music
A keen young teacher wanted to introduce her class to the glories of classical musicso she arranged an outing to an afternoon concert.To make the occasion even more memorableshe treated everybody to lemonadecakechocolates and ices.
Just as the party was getting back into their coachshe said  to  little  Sally“Have  you enjoyed yourself today?”
"Ohyesmiss”said Sally“It was lovely.All except the musicthat is.”

6 一次物理考试 A Physics Examination

Once in a physics examinationNick finished the first question very soonwhile his classmates were thinking it hard.
The question was: when it thunders why we see the lightning firstthen hear the thunder rolls?
Nick’s answer: Because our eyes are before ears.
(from Internet)

所有跟帖: 

Aristotle is junior -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/25/2014 postreply 05:57:10

Thanks for sharing this information. Have a nice weekend! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/25/2014 postreply 10:48:11

Thanks Xiaoman:) Have a nice weekend! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/25/2014 postreply 10:48:53

"Rain,stopped play." reminds me of "The Compostion Class."lol... -斓婷- 给 斓婷 发送悄悄话 斓婷 的博客首页 (747 bytes) () 10/25/2014 postreply 08:38:07

Haha, 斓婷 some kids have their tricks for the writing:) Have a ni -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/25/2014 postreply 10:51:21

Ah,those smart-mouthed kids! So hard to be a teacher. -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/25/2014 postreply 09:18:39

Yeah, Yanzi, I agree with you. To be a good teacher is not easy. -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/25/2014 postreply 10:52:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!