What does being Canadian mean to me?

来源: -竹- 2014-07-01 10:39:23 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (12877 bytes)

My very first thought is: liberty. To me liberty is not just an abstract and intangible concept, but is absolutely associated with many details of my 
daily life. First of all, being Canadian means that I am free to choose where to live; what to wear, or to eat, or to speak; whom to socialize with; 
to be or not to be religious; and which religion to devote myself to and so on. This might sound needless to say for many who take this kind of 
liberty for granted, but I know it
’s just not the case in many countries out there. That’s why being Canadian means liberty to me in the first place. 
On the other hand, while I enjoy and appreciate my own liberty to live, I fully understand that being Canadian also means to respect other people’s 
liberty. In Canada the mojority of the population find their ancestry somewhere else. Though different ethnic groups have different cultures, 
histories and traditions, it doesn’t hamper them from living together in peace and harmony. Undoubtedly, this can only be made possible by 
respecting others, exactly speaking, respecting their liberty of living their lives in their way. To me this really is something Canadian.

Happy Canada Day!

所有跟帖: 

Now I know. Thanks. Happy Canada Day to 竹. -紫君- 给 紫君 发送悄悄话 紫君 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/01/2014 postreply 10:59:22

happy Canadian day(^.^) -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/01/2014 postreply 15:44:48

Well said! I enjoy living in Canada -SnowFallingOnWater- 给 SnowFallingOnWater 发送悄悄话 SnowFallingOnWater 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/01/2014 postreply 20:20:49

Great! So glad you choose to post here and socialize with us :) -冲浪潜水员- 给 冲浪潜水员 发送悄悄话 冲浪潜水员 的博客首页 (187 bytes) () 07/02/2014 postreply 08:28:11

Thank you for pointing it out! :-) --竹-- 给 -竹- 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/04/2014 postreply 07:58:06

Happy Canada Day to you! -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/02/2014 postreply 20:13:48

Thank you all for your kind reply. Happy Independence Day! --竹-- 给 -竹- 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/04/2014 postreply 07:59:57

Happy Canadian day! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/04/2014 postreply 08:36:03

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”