Like father, like daughter

来源: 京燕花园 2013-06-15 20:22:28 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (10811 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 京燕花园 ] 在 2015-06-10 17:30:19 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

~like father, like daughter~
~有其父必有其女~

Whenever we go on a trip, my son and daughter always sing along with their Papa. My husband is a very happy person. He has a wonderful personality and with his loud voice, he is always at the center of a party. I beam with pride and ask the kids, "Didn't I choose the best papa for you! " they would laugh and say thanks mommy, "Papa knows everything!"

Time traces back to 1992, a while after I first met my future husband through work, he flew back to California, so we sent emails daily (sealed with a kiss) and talked on the phone whenever we had a chance. One day we had an annual meeting in Holiday Inn Lido Hotel in Beijing. While I was watching MTV and chatting with my man over the phone, a group of young ladies came on the screen. They were so fresh looking, and their voices were angelic! "Who are they?" I asked, he asked me to describe them, a short haired blonde, a red head, and one with curly long hair, then I started humming with the TV, he said " I bet you are watching Wilson Philips, they are a rising new group, very popular right now!"

You see, the trio group of Wilson Philips played an important role in my love story. With the first glimpse, they became my favorite singers! Guess what? He bought me all their cassettes, CDs and mailed to me the following week. On the days he wasn't around, the songs kept me company.

From wiki, "Wilson Phillips is an American vocal group consisting of Carnie Wilson, Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips. in 1990. Their debut single, "Hold On," hit No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, bumping Madonna's "Vogue" off the top spot!

You have probably heard of " the Beach Boys" and "the Mamas and the Papas" from the 1960s. That's when I say " like father like daughter", music talent runs in the family: Carnie and Wendy Wilson are daughters of Brian Wilson from the Beach boys; Chynna Philips is a daughter of Michelle and John Philips, from "the Mamas and the Papas"!

上面的英文为梅雨时节潭(美语世界坛)父亲节Party而作。欢迎大家有空来玩儿,灌水也好,喝茶也好!

韦尔森?飞利浦斯乐队是我非常喜爱的,想当初第一次听到她们是1992年在北京,那清新的形象,柔和的音色一下子就吸引了我。那一刻我正跟生命中的人电话聊天。后来他买了磁带寄给我,他不在的日子里,美妙的歌声陪着我。

你看,二十年后我可以跟孩子们说,我是不是给你们选了好爸爸!跟先生说,父亲节到了,礼物还没有,我给你了一双儿女,你可以每天自豪地说,“爸爸什么都知道!”

Wilson Philips三人组合在1990年就列告示牌第一名,一度超过麦当娜。她们的父亲们也颇负盛名。卡妮和文笛的父亲是Beach Boys主唱布莱恩, 柴娜的父母也是六十年代著名乐队the Mamas and Papas 的歌手米雪儿和约翰Michelle & John. 所以我说音乐传家,有其父必有其女!

~父亲节快乐~

California dreaming by the Mamas and the Papas.

Kokomo by the beach boys

Surfin' USA by the beach boys

~父亲节快乐~
~Happy Father's Day~

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!