Katie Couric The Best Advice I Ever Got, Part 15

来源: 2msmom 2013-05-10 07:01:32 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1699 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2013-05-10 10:15:42 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Part1. 欢迎多多批评指正
Even though I had sent in a resume months earlier, every time I called the deputy bureau chief, Kevin Delaney, to ask if I could come in for an interview, his officious secretary blew me off. I thought I'd just go down there to see if I could be more convincing in person. I got out of the car, walked into the ABC News building, and asked the physically imposing security guard if I could see Kevin Delaney. When he discovered that I was a walk-in, the guard chuckled and said that I couldn't see Mr. Delaney without an appointment. Undeterred, I asked if I could use the phone in the waiting area, dialed the operator, and said in a determined voice "Can you connect me to Davey Newman, the executive producer of World News Tonight?" Luckily, he answered his own phone. "Hi, Davey," I blurted out. "You don't know me, but your twin brothers, Steve and Eddie, went to high school with my sister Kiki, and I live down the street from your cousin Julie." He listened patiently as I rambled on. After convincing him of our close, almost familial connections, I asked if I could come up to the newsroom and poke my head into the deputy bureau chief's office. I think he was completely flummoxed by our phone conversation and said, "Sure, come on up." He dutifully dropped me off at Kevin Delaney's door, and the secretary who wouldn't give me the time of day watched powerlessly as I waltzed in.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢2msmom分享鼓舞人的系列.iPad听不到声,可否添个录音链接? -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/10/2013 postreply 07:45:50

不好意思问一下, 哪里可以找到链接? tried tinyPic, -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (114 bytes) () 05/10/2013 postreply 15:33:35

没有关系,我已经用pc听到了,很流利的朗诵,谢谢。 -京燕花园- 给 京燕花园 发送悄悄话 京燕花园 的博客首页 (342 bytes) () 05/10/2013 postreply 16:51:31

Very good reading. Admire your persistence. -EnLearner- 给 EnLearner 发送悄悄话 EnLearner 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/10/2013 postreply 22:29:03

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”