回复:Snow sliding

来源: bmdn 2012-11-19 13:59:28 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3129 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ bmdn ] 在 2012-11-20 14:56:59 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: Snow slidingrockcurrent2012-11-18 19:08:02

An emotional and picturesque description. There are some problems as I read. Here is how I would write it. Sorry if this is in anyway different from your real thoughts.

-------------

There used to be snowy winters in my hometown when I was young. But there was not much fun to do with the snow except snow-fighting with other kids. So, I got used to snow but did not know I have a special passion for snow. Later to attend college I moved to a southern city where there rarely were any snow at all. Instinctively, I knew something was missing, until I realized that I was missing the winter snow. A picture of a handsome young boy walking together with a beautiful girl wearing a scarlet scarf in snowy woods, and hand in hand, was always in my dreams during those winter days. However, chance of me to be that boy never came. To pursue my dream, I moved to Beijing. To my great disappointment, Beijing does not snow much in winter either. Global warming seems to be not just popular topic but a poignant fact. Thus, giving up the dream seemed to be the only choice for me, and perhaps, I wouldn't have missed snow anyway.

Fortunately, I found a snowy winter world on the other side of the globe. We have stayed at our current town for almost ten years now. To me, it still feels like that we just moved here last year. The town is neither too big nor too small, and it snows much much more. Sometimes I had to clean my driveway 3 times a day during a heavy snowfall. There were also many times we got to dig the car and house out of snow! Oh! Tons of fun, I love snow, even though the picture has never come true to me and remains as a dream. Also, I learnt some snow sports full of fun other than snow-fighting.

This year, the snow came as early as October, and it snowed for one week and there was not much to do on weekends except eating hot-pot or something similar. There is one thing I am so proud of myself and can not resist to tell: I learnt to make (羊肉烩面) this week. It tasted delicious and exactly the same as the ones I ate at restaurants in China. I even planned to cook my new favorite for the coming Christmas parties. Sorry, this obviously shifted away from today’s topic about snow. Let us move back to snow. In the past weekend, the weather became mild and it was a perfect time for going outside to play with snow. My little son and I went to the park behind our community snow sliding.

In warm sun shinning, gentle wind, and soft snow, on the way I pulled my son, who sat in the slide, up to the hill. Standing atop the hill, I saw the the snow-covered frozen lake, foot prints on the trail, leafless woods, a lonely bird on tree-top, clouds in the blue sky, and the sound of train from far away. My heart filled with the beauty of nature. We slid down the hill screaming as we sped down, and yelling as we rolled down off our slide and flipped over. My son preferred to walk up the hill himself rather than I took him up.  We slid down and went up again and again until the sun went down. It was a wonderful afternoon and full of fun!

所有跟帖: 

Thx!DN! Good points! -rockcurrent- 给 rockcurrent 发送悄悄话 rockcurrent 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/19/2012 postreply 14:08:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”