Hilary Clinton Q & A , 第二部分

来源: 2msmom 2012-06-14 06:33:06 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2664 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-06-17 20:07:44 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Original Video - More videos at TinyPic 欢迎大家指教。 QUESTION: Hi, my name is Courtney Radsch. I’m the Global Freedom of Expression officer at Freedom House. And I wanted to ask you – you spoke about business and relying on them to do the moral, right thing and not put profits first. But the goal of business is to make a profit. So what kind of teeth are going to be put into this? What role does the World Trade Organization play? And how are you going to encourage them to do the right thing? SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, again, I think this is one of the issues that we want to have a very vigorous discussion about. I know that asking business, which is in business to make a profit, to do the right thing is not always easily translated into practical practice. On the other hand, I think there is a broader context here. It’s – companies that don’t follow the sanitary and hygiene procedures of a prior generation pay a price for it. And government and business have to constantly be working together to make sure that the food and other products that end up on the shelves of consumers around the world are safe, because individual consumers in a global interconnected economy can’t possibly exercise that vigilance on their own. Similarly, when it comes to censorship, we believe that having an international effort to establish some rules over internet connectivity and trying to protect the basic freedoms I discussed is in the long-term interest of business, and frankly, I would argue, governments. I used the example from the fall of the Berlin Wall. It is very hard to keep information out. It was hard to keep it out at a prior age; it is even harder now. And trying to adjust to that, work with that, and learn from that about what could be done better is going to challenge every single government in the world. So I think business, as such a driver of economic growth globally, has to have that in mind, both when they go into countries and when they confront the kind of censorship that we’re hearing about around the world. It’s particularly acute for the technology companies, the media companies obviously, but it’s not in any way limited to them. Other companies are facing censorship as well. So this is an issue that we have to surface and we have to talk about and we have to try to find as much common ground and then keep claiming more common ground as we go forward.

所有跟帖: 

wow, Wow! Fabulous reading. I love your reading. -tern2- 给 tern2 发送悄悄话 tern2 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 06:16:43

谢谢喜欢! -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 09:52:17

你是英语系出身的吗?你的英语绝对美味。 -tern2- 给 tern2 发送悄悄话 tern2 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 11:35:56

不是。去年九月才开始练发音。跟Hillary学的美味-)))。 -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 16:37:18

那你对语音的感受能力太强了。忍不住赞你一下。 -tern2- 给 tern2 发送悄悄话 tern2 的博客首页 (40 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 16:54:22

谢谢桐儿美言。 -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/16/2012 postreply 10:58:18

This is great! You have an excellent intonation and flow -同学小薇- 给 同学小薇 发送悄悄话 同学小薇 的博客首页 (391 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 08:53:13

谢谢小薇同学。感谢你的小砖。很有帮助。 -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 09:54:04

Fabulous reading! I really enjoy it. -~叶子~- 给 ~叶子~ 发送悄悄话 ~叶子~ 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 09:03:41

感谢你的鼓励。 -2msmom- 给 2msmom 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/15/2012 postreply 09:55:03

Great reading! 学习. -开心豆豆- 给 开心豆豆 发送悄悄话 开心豆豆 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/17/2012 postreply 07:10:53

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”