My two cents

来源: carpediem 2011-06-27 20:24:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9041 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ carpediem ] 在 2011-06-28 03:59:42 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

1.       She has worked with Aesthetic Education and Art Creation Teaching and Learning for more than 17 years, and she continues to show enthusiasm in her job.

a.       The second “she” is not redundant.

b.      Aesthetic Education is a broad term, and may not be proper here. See below:

The term aesthetics was a term first used by the German philosopher Alexander Baumgarten in 1744 to mean “the science of the beautiful. (Crawford, 1991, 18) Aesthetic education is often used synonymously with arts, music, drama, and dance education. However, aesthetic education is a more encompassing term, involving all aspects of education that fosters the creation of beauty and creativity in each individual student.”

(http://wik.ed.uiuc.edu/index.php/Aesthetic_Education)

c.       If “Aesthetic Education and Art Creation Teaching and Learning” refers to one object, it

appears redundant ; if it refers to two fields, it should be “Aesthetic Education, and Art Creation Teaching and Learning”

2.       Outside of being a teacher

It’s my first time of see this expression “outside of BEING (a profession)” . I could not google any examples. Can you give a quote with such an expression?

3.       Her work is most memorable for their realistic portrayals of life

It’s not consistent to use a plural “their” to refer to a singular “work”.

4.       What does “(as well as) expression” mean?

My try:

Ms. Zhang graduated from China People’s University years ago, majoring in Graphic and Advertising Design. She continued her studies in UC Berkeley afterwards. Ms. Zhang has devoted to art education over 17 years. In the spare time, she endeavors to study multimedia and creative artworks, and especially, oil paintings in the recent years. Most of her artworks explore a variety of everyday life experience, such as joy, anger, sorrow, and the pursuit of dreams.

IMHO, when it comes to translatioin, the simpler words, the better. The rule also applies to life.

所有跟帖: 

问好,学习了。 -北京二号- 给 北京二号 发送悄悄话 北京二号 的博客首页 (28 bytes) () 06/27/2011 postreply 20:54:35

向2姐学习! -carpediem- 给 carpediem 发送悄悄话 carpediem 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/27/2011 postreply 21:18:51

Correction: a. The second “she” is redundant. -carpediem- 给 carpediem 发送悄悄话 carpediem 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/27/2011 postreply 21:02:09

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”