想学习的同学们看进来:翻译练习的汇总贴

来源: 非文学青年 2011-05-17 08:17:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (6138 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 非文学青年 ] 在 2011-05-17 10:06:11 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

其中奥妙自己体会吧。

当我丈夫告诉我这些指控都不真实的时候我相信他,但是我意识到,当我觉得麻烦已经过去的时候,我们可能面临着又一次恐怖的调查。我也知道这件事的政治风险 是切实存在的。一件讨厌的民事诉讼案曾被斯塔尔变成一起刑事调查,无疑他会尽其所能调查这个案件。琼斯阵营和独立检察官办公室透露给媒体的内容表明,比尔 的证词可能与其他证人对他和莱温斯基关系的描述有矛眉之处。琼斯案中的证词似乎是专门为了让总统落入作伪证的陷阱之中,因为这就可以合情合理地让他辞职或 者遭弹劾。

学英语3151:

I believed my hu*****and when he told me all these allegations are false. However, when I thought we were out of the trouble, I realized we probably would face another round of horrible(for lack of better word) investigations. A civil case was turned into a criminal investigation by Starr(?), so undoubtedly he would go after it relentlessly. The news from Jones and Independent Counsel office showed that there might be conflicts between Bill and other witness' testimonies on the relationship between him and Lewinsky(?). The one from Jones seemed only for the purpose of proving Bill's testimonies are false so he can be told to resign or be impeached.

非文学青年:

When my hu*****and told me that those accusations were untrue, I believed him. In the meanwhile, I realized, when I assumed the troubles had gone away, we might be facing another terrible investigation. I was also aware of the very existence of its political risks. Star, who once turned a civil appeal case into a criminal investigation, would undoubtedly probe into this case as deeply as he can. From what Jones’ group and the independent judges’ office indicated to the media, Bill’s testimony might contradict what other witnesses had depicted about his relationship with Lewinsky. Jones’ testimony seemed to be a trap for the president to give false statement, which could lead naturally to his resignation or impeachment.

jennea:

I believed my hu*****and when he told me that all the accusations were not true. However, I realized that when I thought the trouble were over, we might face another horrible investigation. I also knew that the political risk of this incidence was very real. Turning an annoying civil case into a criminal investigation, of course Stale would do everything he could to investigate this case. The leaked content from Jones dept. and the Independent Investigation Office indicated that Bill's testimony about his relationship with Lewski might contradict with other witnesses'. The disposition in Jones' case seemed to be specically designed to lure the President into a trap of perjury, so that he could be forced to resign or be impeached with a reasonable cause.

美风:

When my hu*****and told me that all of these charges were not true, I trusted him, but I realized that we might face another terrible investigation when I felt the trouble had already gone. I also knew that the political risks were existed. As an annoying civil case was converted into criminal action by Starr, undoubtfully he would try his best to investigate this case . The contents that Jones and the office of independent counsel revealed to media showed that there might be controversy between Bill's and the witnesses' testimony on the relationship between Bill and Lewinsky. The testimony in Jones case seemed specifically making the president land in the predicament of perjury. In this way, they would be able to let him resign or impeach him reasonably.

希拉里原文:

I believed my hu*****and when he told me there was no truth to the charges, but I realized that we faced the prospect of another horrible and invasive investigation just at the point when I thought our legal troubles were over. I knew, too, that the political danger was real. A nuisance civil action had metastasized into a criminal investigation by Starr,
who would undoubtedly take it as far as he could. Leaks to the media from the Jones camp and the Office of the Independent Counsel implied that Bill’s testimony in his sworn deposition may have conflicted with other witness descriptions of his relationship with Lewinsky. It appeared that the questions in the Jones deposition were designed
solely to trap the President into charges of perjury, which might then justify a demand for his resignation or impeachment.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢非文学青年把大家的翻译练习汇总,谢谢大家的参与和支持。 -美语世界- 给 美语世界 发送悄悄话 美语世界 的博客首页 (1224 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:17:48

words and phrases I learned in this translation homework: 回复:想学习 -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 (9249 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:19:49

可爱又谦虚的美风,这些词和短语你好多都会了呀。 -非文学青年- 给 非文学青年 发送悄悄话 非文学青年 的博客首页 (63 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:23:51

Yes, pro! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 10:30:09

En, 各有千秋 -学英语3151- 给 学英语3151 发送悄悄话 (85 bytes) () 05/17/2011 postreply 14:22:49

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”