英文听力:Forrest Gump 18 (电影录音剪辑)

来源: YuGong 2009-05-13 19:53:38 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7917 bytes)

Forrest Gump 18

Forrest:

And some years later I heard that that fella did come up with a bumper sticker slogan and he made a lot of money out of it. Another time I was running along and somebody who had lost all his money in the T-shirt business. He wanted to put my face on a T-shirt, but he couldn’t draw that well and he didn’t have a camera.

Man: Here use this. Nobody likes that color anyway.

Gump: Have a nice day.

Forrest:

Some years later, I found out that man did comp up with an idea for a T-shirt. He made a lot of money out of it. Anyway, like I was saying, I had a lot of company. My mama always said, “you’ve got to put the past behind you before you can move on”. And I think that’s what my running was all about. I had ran for three years, two months, fourteen days and sixteen hours.

Runner: Quiet. Quiet. He’s going to say something.

Gump: I’m pretty tired. I think I’ll go home now.

Runner: Now what are we supposed to do?

Forrest: And just like that, my runnin’ days was over. So I went home to Alabama.

Newsman: Moments ago, at 2:25 p.m. as President Reagan was leaving... Five or six gun shots were fired by an unknown would-be assassin*. The President was shot in the chest...

Louise: I picked up the mail.

Forrest:

One day, out of blue clear sky*, I got a letter from Jenny, wonderin’ if I could come down to Savannah and see her, and that’s what I’m doing here. She saw me on TV runnin’. I’m supposed to go on the number 9 bus to Richmond Street and get off and go one block left to 1947 Henry Street, Apartment 4.

Woman: Why, you don’t need take a bus, Herry Street is just five or six blocks down that way.

Forrest: Down that way?

Woman: Down that way.

Forrest: It was nice talking to you.

Woman: I hope everything works out for you.

Jenny: Forrest! How you doin’? Come in, come in.

Forrest: I got your letter.

Jenny: Oh! I was wondering about that.

Forrest: This is your house.

Jenny: Yeah, it’s messy right now, I just got off work.

Forrest: It’s nice. You’ve got air-conditioning.

Jenny: Thank you.

Forrest: I ate some.

Jenny: I kept a scrapbook* of your clippings* and everything. There you are. I got you running.

Forrest: I ran a long way. It was a long time.

Jenny: Listen, Forrest, I don’t know how to say this... I just, I want to apologize for anything I ever did to you ‘cause I was messed up for a long time and...

Baby-sitter: Yoohoo*! Hi!

Jenny: Hey you! This is an old friend from Alabama.

Baby-sitter: Hi, how do you do?

Jenny: Listen, next week my schedule changes, so I’ll be able to...

Baby-sitter: No problem. Gotta go, Jen. I’m double parked*. Bye!

Jenny: This is my very good friend, Mr. Gump. Can you say hi to him?

Little Forrest: Hello, Mr.Gump.

Forrest: Hello.

Little Forrest: Can I go watch TV now?

Jenny: Yes you can, just keep it low.

Forrest: You’re a mama, Jenny.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* would-beassassin: 刺杀疑犯

* out of blue clear sky 突然间

* scrapbook: 剪贴簿

* clipping: 剪报

* Yoohoo: 打招呼用语

* double parked:平行停车

请阅读更多我的博客文章>>>
  • 英语拾零: Idioms related to clothing Source: 天泽园
  • 英文听力:Forrest Gump 17 (电影录音剪辑)
  • 英文听力:Forrest Gump 16 (电影录音剪辑)
  • 视频:President Obama - White House Correspondents Dinner (2009)
  • 英语陷阱:委婉语的使用
  • 所有跟帖: 

回复:英文听力:Forrest Gump 18 (电影录音剪辑) -梅石莹玉- 给 梅石莹玉 发送悄悄话 梅石莹玉 的博客首页 (153 bytes) () 05/14/2009 postreply 15:32:23

回复:回复:英文听力:Forrest Gump 18 (电影录音剪辑) -YuGong- 给 YuGong 发送悄悄话 YuGong 的博客首页 (1146 bytes) () 05/14/2009 postreply 18:44:16

回复:回复:回复:英文听力:Forrest Gump 18 (电影录音剪辑) -梅石莹玉- 给 梅石莹玉 发送悄悄话 梅石莹玉 的博客首页 (385 bytes) () 05/14/2009 postreply 20:15:24

回复:回复:回复:回复:英文听力:Forrest Gump 18 (电影录音剪辑) -YuGong- 给 YuGong 发送悄悄话 YuGong 的博客首页 (353 bytes) () 05/14/2009 postreply 20:36:13

glad that I am not alone on this:) -梅石莹玉- 给 梅石莹玉 发送悄悄话 梅石莹玉 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/14/2009 postreply 20:38:47

谢谢! -娃娃女- 给 娃娃女 发送悄悄话 (18 bytes) () 05/15/2009 postreply 09:03:24

Thanks. -Mosical- 给 Mosical 发送悄悄话 Mosical 的博客首页 (48 bytes) () 05/17/2009 postreply 21:25:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
    请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
    选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
    选择“don't run on pages on this domain”