重贴-语调的练习

来源: 2msmom 2012-06-22 22:44:23 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1820 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 2msmom ] 在 2012-06-23 05:57:25 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Hope this time it can be read from IE too.

I think the best way to improve intonation is to mimic a native speaker. Try to find a native speaker whose voice you enjoy hearing. Since you want to follow that person for a very, very long time and on a daily basis, you have to make sure that you can hear that voice over and over and not feel annoyed. I like to follow Hillary Clinton and Katie Couric because I like to hear their speeches. Their recordings and transcripts are relatively easy to find.

I have tried to follow VOA but could not do it. Either I have not found my favorite voice there or something else. I also found VOA normally is too slow, which may be good when you want to improve your listening skills or your pronunciations. But for intonation, VOA does not help me much. I’d rather like to find someone who speaks at a normal pace.

When practicing, I try not to read a paragraph myself. Instead, I try to follow the speaker several times until I feel I can follow her pace and intonation easily. I then try to read the paragraph by myself and record my reading. It is almost like you practicing with a cane until you are confident enough to walk without it. By listening to your recording and the original speaker’s recording, you can hear the difference between your reading and the original voice. Adjust yours when you hear a difference. Keep repeating this and improve accordingly. It may take days or even weeks to conquer one paragraph. But as you practice more, you’ll find that it takes less time. The goal is that someday, you won’t need to practice and can read just like the speaker!

This is just my personal experience. It may not be the best practice. Try it if you are interested and please let me know how it works for you.

所有跟帖: 

好文。 -jingbeiboy- 给 jingbeiboy 发送悄悄话 jingbeiboy 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/22/2012 postreply 23:55:42

谢谢! -beautifulwind- 给 beautifulwind 发送悄悄话 beautifulwind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/23/2012 postreply 00:13:32

谢谢分享!再顶一次! -tingfeng- 给 tingfeng 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/23/2012 postreply 04:51:08

Thank you for sharing! -同学小薇- 给 同学小薇 发送悄悄话 同学小薇 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/25/2012 postreply 07:21:59

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!