电影短语:More To You Than Meets The Eye(视频片段)

来源: 祤湫霖 2016-11-09 08:26:04 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7293 bytes)

English @ the Movies: 'More To You Than Meets The Eye' (ZT)

Welcome to English @ the Movies where we teach you American English heard at the movies. Today's phrase is "more to you than meets the eye"  from the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."

This story comes from the author of Harry Potter books. In the movie, Mr. Scamander is a wizard having adventures in New York City. Watch the phrase "more to you than meets the eye".

"You are an interesting man, Mr. Scamander. Just like your suitcase. I think there are much more to you than meet the eye." So what does that mean?

"more to you than meets the eye"

A). Someone or somthing has hidden qualities

B). I am glad to see you.

Listen again and see if you are correct.

"You are an interesting man, Mr. Scamander. Just like your suitcase. I think there are much more to you than meet the eye."

"More to you than meet the eye" means "someone has hidden quailites." It means someone is more interesting or complex than you might think when you first look at him or her. The man thought that Mr. Scamander was interesting and maybe hidding something.  He was right. There was more to that suitcae than meets the eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEKYSXArjEo

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Official Trailer #1 (2016)

J.K. Rowling Fantasy Movie HD

Transcript

Seraphina: You’ve known for 24 hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York?

Tina: Yes

Seraphina: Where is this man?

Tina: *knocks on case, Newt steps out*

Gnarlack: So, you’re the guy with a case full of monsters, huh?

Newt: News travels fast

Tina: Mr Scamander, do you know anything about the wizarding community in America?

We don’t let things loose.

Jacob: Hey, Mr English guy! I think your egg is hatching!

Tina: You wiped his memory, right? The No-Maj?

Newt: The what?

Tina: No magic. The non-wizard!

Newt: Sorry, we call them Muggles.

Jacob: I don’t think I’m dreaming.

Newt: What gave it away?

Jacob: I ain’t got the brains to make this up

Mary-Lou: Something is stalking our city. Reaping destruction, and then disappearing without a trace! Witches live among us.

Graves: We’ve lived in the shadows for too long

I ask all of you, who does this protect? Us? Or them?

Newt: Danger. He senses danger.

Seraphina: This is related to Grindelwald’s attacks in Europe. This could mean war.

Jacob: We got a plan, right guys?

Newt: They need our help

Tina: Was that everything that came out of the case?

Newt: I won’t let another one die

Graves: I refuse to bow down any longer.

Time is running out, Mr Scamander

http://www.fantasticbeastsmovies.com/index.php/2016/09/28/final-trailer-and-poster/

——————————————————————————————

[英语电影]:http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/yingwendianying/

——————————————————————————————

所有跟帖: 

看电影学短语非常有趣.谢谢祤湫霖分享,问好! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/10/2016 postreply 17:26:20

松松,周末好。VOA[English @ the Movies]节目,可以学到短语,并了解最新发行的电影。 -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/11/2016 postreply 06:32:50

Songsong,thanks for your comments.Have a nice weekend. -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/11/2016 postreply 06:34:14

松松,周末好。VOA[English @ the Movies]节目,可以学到短语,并了解最新发行的电影。 -祤湫霖- 给 祤湫霖 发送悄悄话 祤湫霖 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/11/2016 postreply 06:04:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”