云翠仙 (刁民鬼婚): 聊斋故事系列四合一(原著-注释-白话-英译)

来源: 宋德利利 2007-09-27 14:37:15 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (33549 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 宋德利利 ] 在 2007-09-29 03:46:28 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
云翠仙

原文:

梁有才,故晋*人,流寓于济*,作小负贩。无妻子田产。从村人登岱*。岱,四月交,香侣杂沓。又有优婆夷、塞,率众男子以百十,杂跪神座下,视香炷为度,名曰“跪香”。才视众中有女郎,年十七八而美,悦之。诈为香客,近女郎跪﹔又伪为膝困无力状,故以手据女郎足。女回首似嗔,膝行而远之。才又膝行近之﹔少间,又据之。女郎觉,遽起,不跪,出门去。才亦起,出履*其迹,不知其往。心无望,怏怏而行。

注释:

1。晋:即今陕西省。2。济:即今山东省济南市。3。岱:山东泰山的别称。读“代”。 4。四月交:刚交四月,就是四月初。本文大概指的是“浴佛节”,也叫“佛诞节”。顾名思义,佛祖出生节。中国汉族一般把这个节日定在四月初八,最通常的活动就是举办庙会。5。香侣:结伴朝圣泰山的香客。6。杂沓:杂乱,热闹。沓:读“踏”。7。优婆夷、塞:优婆夷、优婆塞。都是梵语的音译。优婆夷,指接受佛教五戒的女居士。优婆塞,只接受佛教五戒的男居士。二者都是佛教徒,不是普通的香客。8。香炷:点香。炷,烧(香)。9。履:本指鞋子。读“吕”。此处指尾随其后,寻人踪迹。

白话:

梁有才,山西人,一无妻小,二无田产,漂在外地当小贩。
他漂到山东,住在济南。一天,他随村里人去登东岳泰山。时值四月初,正赶上一年
一度的沐佛节。香客结伴,川流不息。尤其是那些男女居士,动辄率领上百名男香客,
胡乱跪在神座下面,什么时候把一柱香烧完,才起来。这叫“跪香”。
有才发现众人中有一名女郎,十七八岁,长得很美,他非常喜欢。于是他就假装香客
,凑近女郎跪下。又假装膝盖无力,用手扶地,趁机抓住女郎的脚。女郎回过头,似乎
很生气,跪着向远处挪了挪。有才又跪着凑到跟前。过一会儿,他又抓住女郎的脚。女
郎发现后,立即起身,再也不跪,继而走出门。有才也起身走出去,尾随她的踪迹,但
女郎早已不知去向。他非常失望,闷闷不乐地往前走。

英译:

Liang Youcai was from Shanxi Province. He had neither a wife nor a child. Without any farmlands, he lived only on doing business in other places.
He came to Shandong Province and lived in Jinan. One day, together with one of his neighbors, he went to Mt. Tai. It was just the time of Buddha Bathing Festival. The incense-burners came and went busily. Particularly the Buddhists, male and female, each of them used to come here leading a crowd of male incense-burners, usually several decades, sometimes even nearly a hundred. They used to kneel down before Buddha Portraits as long as one bundle of incense burnt out. It was called incense-kneeling.
Liang found a girl, age seventeen quite pretty. He fell in love with her immediately and knelt down beside her pretending to be a person at prayer. A moment later, he pretended to be too weak and tired to kneel anymore and fell down with his right hand grasping the girl’s foot.
Turning back her head and looking at him as if blaming him for his improper act, the young girl moved away on her knees. Liang followed her on his knees and grasped her foot again.
The girl stood up abruptly and walked out. Liang rose to his feet and went out without any delay. Trying to follow her, yet he found she was no where to be seen. Without knowing where to trace her, Liang felt extremely disappointed and walked back gloomily.

原文:

途中见女郎从媪,似为女也母者*,才趋之。媪女行且语。媪云:“汝能参礼娘娘,大好事!汝又无弟妹,但获娘娘冥加护,护汝得快婿,但能相孝顺,都不必贵公子、富王孙也。”才窃喜,渐渍*诘媪。媪自言为云氏,女名翠仙,其出也。家西山四十里。才曰:“山路濇*,母如此蹜蹜*,妹如此纤纤,何能便至?”曰:“日已晚,将寄舅家宿耳。”才曰:“适言相婿,不以贫嫌,不以贱鄙,我又未婚,颇当母意否?”媪以问女,女不应。媪数问,女曰:“渠寡福,又荡无行,轻薄之心,还易翻覆。儿不能为遢伎儿*作妇!”才闻,朴诚自表,切矢皦日*。媪喜,竟诺之。女不乐,勃然而已。母又强拍之。才殷勤,手于橐,觅山兜二,舁*媪及女。己步从,若为仆。过隘*,辄诃*兜夫不得颠摇动,良殷。俄抵村舍,便邀才同入舅家。舅出翁,妗出媪也。云兄之嫂之*。谓:“才吾婿。日适良*,不须别择,便取今夕。”舅亦喜,出酒肴饵才。既,严妆翠仙出,拂榻促眠。女曰:“我固知郎不义,迫母命,漫*相随。郎若人也,当不须忧偕活。”才唯唯听受。明日早起,母谓才:“宜先去,我以女继至。”

注释:

1。女也母者:女之母。“也”和“者”均为语助词,没有实际意义。2。参礼娘娘:指参拜碧霞元君。传说东岳(泰山)大帝之女在宋真宗时被册封为天仙玉女碧霞元君。3。渐泽:渐渐湿润。泽,湿润。指像水慢慢湿润起来那样,逐渐地探听询问。4。濇:同“涩”,崎岖不平,“色”。5。蹜蹜:(脚步)细碎,读“速”。6。遢伎儿:举止猥琐的小人。7。切矢皦日:面对明亮的太阳诚恳地发誓。皦:明亮。读“角”。8。橐:钱袋。读“驼”。9。山兜:二人抬着的过山轿。10。舁:共同抬。读“于”。11。隘:隘口,险要之处。隘,读“矮”。12。诃:呵斥,喝斥。“诃”同“呵”,读“喝”。14。兄之嫂之:称之为兄,称之为嫂。15。日适良:今天正是好日子。“适”,正好,恰好。16。漫:胡乱地,随便地。17:忧偕活:忧虑共同生活。偕,共同。

白话:

半路上,他发现女郎跟在一位老妇后面,那老妇似乎是她的母亲。有才连忙赶上去。
老妇人和女郎边走边谈。
“你能来参拜碧霞元君娘娘,是件大好事!你一无兄弟,二无姐妹,但愿娘娘保佑你
找到一位乘龙快婿。只要能互相敬重,不必非找富贵人家的公子王孙。”老妇对女郎
说。
闻听此言,有才不禁心中窃喜,一点一点地试探老妇的口信。
老妇说她姓云,女郎名叫翠仙,是她的亲生女儿。家住四十里外的西山。
梁有才说:“山路坎坷不平,老太太脚步细碎,小妹妹又这么瘦弱,什么时候能到呀
?”
老妇说:“天色已晚,我们就在她舅舅家住一夜。”
梁有才说:“刚才听说您要为女儿相女婿。不嫌家境贫寒,不嫌地位低微。我正好还
没结婚,能不能中您老人家的意?”
老妇问女儿,女儿不说话。老妇问了好几遍,那姑娘才有反应。
“他这个人没有福气,”姑娘说。“游手好闲,不务正业。心地轻薄,很容易变卦。
我不能给这种要貌没貌,要德没德的寒酸小人做媳妇。”
闻听此言,梁有才连忙表白自己如何如何厚道,而且还恳切地对着太阳发誓。老妇满
心欢喜,居然满口答应。姑娘不乐意,非常气愤。老妇又硬着头皮和她说好话。
梁有才立即献殷勤,把手伸到钱袋里,掏出一把钱,雇了两名轿夫,抬着母女俩。他
自己紧随其后,活活象个奴仆。遇到险路,他就吆五喝六地让轿夫不要颠簸摇晃。看上
去还真象那么回事。
不一会儿,来到一个小村,在一间小屋前停下来。老妇邀请梁有才和她们一起到舅舅
家里。舅舅一出来,原来已经是个老头了。舅妈也已是个老太太。云老太和他们以兄嫂
相称。
“有才是我的女婿,”老太太说。“今天正好是良辰吉日,不必再另选日子了。今天
晚上就把事办了吧。”
舅舅也是心花怒放,急忙拿出酒菜款待有才。吃喝完毕,翠仙浓妆艳抹地走出来,一
边扫床,一边催着要睡觉。
姑娘说:“我本来知道你是个不仁不义的人,只是迫于母亲的指令,我胡乱地随她来
吧。可你如果能象个人样,那也不必发愁以后没好日子过。”
梁有才唯唯诺诺地听着。
第二天早起,老妇对有才说:“你先走,我们母女俩随后就到。”

英译:

On his way back, Liang saw the girl closely following the old lady who was seemly her mother. He hurriedly stepped up. While walking, the old one was speaking.
“It’s good for you to give your prayers so sincerely. You have no brothers and sisters. I wish gods will bless you and let you have a satisfactory hu*****and. ” The old one said. “It’s unnecessary for you to choose a rich youngster or a young nobleman as your hu*****and. So long as a young man is honest and devoted, that’ll do.”
Hearing this, happy stealthily, Liang began to ask the old lady some questions. He was told that she was the mother of the young girl named Yun Cuixian. Their home was in the western mountains several miles away.
“It’s so far away,” said Liang to the old lady. “Worse, the mountain road is too hard for walking by foot. You walk with faltering pace. And she is thin and feeble. How can you go home like this? ”
“It’s getting dark. We’ll stay in her uncle’s house,” said the old lady.
“Just now I heard you say something about choosing a hu*****and for her.” Liang said. “Since you don’t care even a young man is poor and his position is low, I’d like to be your son-in-law because I’m still a single man. How about it?”
The old lady asked the girl who was keeping silent. Only asking quite a few times, did she make the girl speak.
“His behavior is too frivolous, so he is a prodigal son,” said the girl. “Besides, he is quite changeful. It’s difficult to ascertain him. I cannot be a wife for such a silly rascal.”
On hearing this, Liang immediately vindicated himself in all seriousness. He even pointed the sun and vowed to be a good guy.
The old lady was delighted and said yes to his request. Quite unhappy, the girl could do nothing but burst into anger.
The mother persuaded her daughter patiently. To show his cordial hospitality, Liang put his hand into his money sack and took out a hand of money to hire two sedan chair carriers. The mother and the daughter were carried in the sedan chair and Liang followed them closely as if he was their servant. Before long, they came to a small village and stopped at the door of a small house. The old lady invited Liang to go into the uncle’s home together with them.
The girl’s uncle came out. He was already an old man and his wife was very old, too. The old lady call them bother and sister.
“He’s my future son-in-law,” said the old lady, pointing at Liang. “Today is a fine day. I don’t want to choose another day. I’m going to hold a simple wedding for them tonight. ”
The uncle was very happy and entertained Liang with wine and food.
After the wedding, beautifully dressed, the girl came out and urged his bride to go sleep.
“I know you are not a good man, but I casually marry you. It’s just because I don’t want to refuse my mother’s kindness,” said the girl. “If you really want to be a decent person, you’re unnecessary to worry about a happy life.”
Liang promised readily.
Next morning, the mother said to him, “You’d better go home first. My daughter and I will follow you right away.”

原文:

才归,扫户闼。媪果送女至。入视室中,虚无有。便云:“似此何能自给?老身速归,当小助汝辛苦。”遂去。次日,有男女数辈,各携服食器具,布一室满之。不饭俱去,但留一婢。才由此坐*温饱,惟日引里*无赖,朋饮竞赌,渐盗女郎簪珥佐博*。女劝之,不听﹔颇不耐之,惟严守箱奁,如防寇。一日,博党款门*访才,窥见女,适适惊*。戏谓才曰:“子大富贵,何忧贫耶?”才问故。答曰:“曩*见夫人,实仙人也。适*与子家道不相称。货*为媵,金可得百﹔为妓,可得千。千金在室,而听*饮博无赀*耶?”才不言,而心然之。归辄向女欷歔,时时言贫不可度。女不顾,才频频击桌,抛匕箸,骂婢,作诸态。

注释:

1。坐:坐享其成。2.里:邻里。3。佐博:以资赌博。佐,辅佐,帮助。4。款门:殷勤地登门拜访。款,殷勤,诚恳。5。适适惊:非常吃惊的样子。始,读“替”。6。曩:刚才。读“香”。7。适:正好。8。货:卖。9:听:听任。10:赀:同“资”,资金。

白话:

回家之后,梁有才把房子里里外外打扫得一干二净。老妇果然把女儿送来了。走进房
间一看,什么也没有。“象这样子怎么能自给自足?我得赶紧回去一趟,拿点什么来稍
微帮你一把。”老太太于是就回家了。转天,男男女女地有好几个人,拿来衣食用具,
放了满满一屋子。没有吃饭,他们就回去了,只留下一名奴婢。有才从此坐享其成,温
饱不愁。只是闲得无聊,把无赖当成朋友,招引来饮酒赌博。后来渐渐地把云翠仙的首
饰偷来充当赌资。翠仙劝阻,他根本不听,而且还很不耐烦。于是她死死地把着自己的
首饰盒,以防被盗。
一天,赌友殷勤地登门拜访有才。朝云翠仙偷偷一看,都为她的美貌感到吃惊。于是开着玩
笑对有才说:“你真是大富大贵,还仇什么贫穷?”有才问为什么,有人说:“刚才看
见夫人,实在是美若天仙哪。正好和你的家境不相称。卖给别人做小老婆,可以得钱一
百;卖去当妓女,可以得钱一千。家里有钱一千,还让他没钱喝酒赌博?”
有才没有说话,可是心里表示同意。从此以后,每次归来都向女郎唉声叹气,时常说
穷得过不下去了。云翠仙不理睬,他就拍桌子,扔刀筷,骂奴婢,丑态百出。

英译:

Back at home, Liang made everything ready. As expected, the mother and the daughter came. Entering the house and seeing nothing valuable, the mother said, “You’re so poor. How can you live? I’m going home to find a way to help you. ”
On the next day, several people came bringing various kinds of article for daily use. Without having lunch, all of them, except a maid, went back.
From then on, Liang lived a good life without being worried about anything. Not only leading an idle life, Liang also invited quite a few rascals, eating, drinking and gambling at his home. Later, he even stole her jewelries for gambling. Yun dissuaded him from gambling, yet he didn’t listen to her. She could do nothing but closely observe her jewelry boxes, strictly on guard against him as if he was a thief.
One day, some gamblers visited Liang and surprisingly found he had so beautiful a wife.
“You’re really one of the blessed,” joked one man. “It’s unnecessary for you to worry about poverty.”
Liang asked why. The man said, “Just now I saw your wife. She is really a fairy.” The man continued. “Your family is not in a condition to have such a beautiful woman. If you sell her out as a concubine, you can get a hundred dollars, but if you sell her out as a prostitute, you can get a thousand dollars. There is a lot of money in her. Why don’t you think you have more than enough money for gamble?”
Without speaking, yet Liang agreed secretly.
From then on, whenever coming back at home, Liang would heave a sigh saying he was too poor to support the family.
Yun neither spoke nor looked at him. Liang often put on poses of anger, sometimes smiting table, sometimes throwing a knife, or even showering abuse against the maid for no reason at all.

原文:
一夕,女沽酒与饮。忽曰:“郎以贫故,日焦心。我又不能御穷*,分郎忧,中*岂不愧怍?但无长物,止有此婢,鬻*之,可稍稍佐经营。”才摇首曰:“其直*几许!”又饮少时,女曰:“妾于郎,有何不相承?但力竭耳。念一贫如此,便死相从,不过均此百年苦,有何发迹?不如以妾鬻贵家,两所便益,得直或较婢多。”才故愕言:“何得至此!”女固言之,色作庄*。才喜曰:“容再计之。”遂缘中贵人*,货隶乐籍*。中贵人亲诣才,见女大悦。恐不能即得,立券八百缗*,事滨就*矣。女曰:“母日以婿家贫,常常萦念,今意断矣,我将暂归省﹔且郎与妾绝,何得不告母?”才虑母阻。女曰:“我顾自乐之,保无差贷*。”才从之。

注释:

1。御穷:解除贫穷。御:抵御,抵挡,解除。2。中:指心中。3。鬻:卖。读“玉”。4。直:同“值”。5。色作庄:脸色故作庄重。6。缘中贵人:通过中贵人的关系。缘,因为,由于,凭借。中贵人,原指在宫中因得宠而大富大贵之人。中,指皇宫中。后专指皇帝所宠信的宦官。7。隶乐籍:隶属于乐户的名下。乐,乐户,只官妓女。籍,指个人对他人或机构的隶属关系。8。立券:签署契约。券,契约。9。缗:古代穿铜钱的绳子,读“民”。一般一千钱用绳子穿成一串,称一缗,而一缗也就代指一千钱。10。滨就:接近结束,快要成功。11。差贷:差错,失误。贷,此处读“特”,通“忒”。忒,此处读“特”,差错;读“推”时,方言,作“太”解。

白话:

一天晚上,云翠仙买酒和他一起喝。她突然说:“郎君因为贫穷的缘故,成天焦虑不
安。我又不能解决贫困问题,和你分忧。心里哪能不惭愧呢?可我又没有什么值钱的东
西,只有这个奴婢,卖掉她,可以稍微帮你解决一些家里的问题。
有才摇着头说:“她能值几个钱!”
又喝了一会儿,翠仙说:“我对郎君有什么地方没有做好吗?不过我已尽心尽力了。
想想穷成这个样子,就是去死我也跟着你。不过就这样苦苦地撑上一辈子,会有什么出
息?不如把我卖给富贵人家,对咱们俩都有好处,卖的钱可能会比奴婢多。”
有才故做惊讶:“哪能穷到这个地步!”
翠仙还坚持自己的说法,神情十分凝重。
有才心花怒放,说:“容我再考虑一下。”
于是通过宫中一位宦官,想把云翠仙卖去当官妓。宦官亲自来找有才,见到翠仙后非
常高兴。恐怕不能立即得到,就签署契约,付钱八百吊。交易眼看就要谈成了。
翠仙说:“我母亲因为有这个穷女婿,经常放心不下。今天我主意已定,想暂时回去
看看她。再说,郎君和我的关系一刀两断,哪能不告诉母亲一声呢?”
有才怕老妇横加阻拦。 翠仙说:“这是我心甘情愿,保证不会出偏差。”
有才答应了。

英译:

One evening, Yun bought some wine and had a drink with Liang.
“You’re often worried about your poverty,” suddenly said Yun . “I feel rather ashamed because I can’t share your cares and burden. Yet I have nothing but this maid. Selling her out may be helpful to you.”
“It’s simply worthless,” Liang shook his head and said.
Drinking for another while, Yun opened her mouth again.
“Since I’m your wife, there is nothing in the world I couldn’t do for you. So long as there is something helpful to you, I would do my utmost. We’re now as poor as two church mice, I won’t grudge shedding my blood for you. But I don’t think it’s really useful to you,” continued Yun. “Now that I can do nothing for you, you might as well sell me out. This is good for both of us. Besides, maybe I’m more valuable than the maid.”
Pretending to be quite surprised, Liang said, “How can we go so far as to do this kind of things?”
Deliberately persisting on her opinions, Yun pretended to be very serious.
“Let me think it over before I give you an answer,” happily said Liang.
Liang made a prompt contact with a rich man who came immediately to have a look with his own eyes. Seeing Yun, the rich man was delighted. Afraid of being unable to get Yun because of a mere verbal statement without any proof, he signed a contract with Liang and gave him a lot of money on the spot.
“My mother is very much concerned about us all the time because you are poor,” said Yun. “Since we already decided to cut down our marital relation, I’d like to leave here for the time being to see my mother. And what’s more, our marriage has already finished. How can I keep back the truth from her?”
Liang was afraid her mother would obstruct.
“I’m all willingness to do this, my mother won’t object,” said Yun.
On hearing this, Liang agreed. Yun set out right away and he followed her.

原文:

夜将半,始抵母家。挝*阖入,见楼舍华好,婢仆辈往来憧憧*。才日与女居,每请诣母,女辄止之。故为甥馆*年余,曾未一临岳家。至此大骇,以其家巨,恐媵妓所不甘也。女引才登楼上。媪惊问夫妻何来。女怨曰:“我固道渠*不义,今果然!”乃于衣底出黄金二铤*置几*上,曰:“幸不为小人赚脱,今仍以还母。”母骇问故。女曰:“渠将鬻我,故藏金无用处。”乃指才骂曰:“豺鼠子!曩日负肩担,面沾尘如鬼。初近我,熏熏作汗腥,肤垢欲倾塌,足手皴一寸厚,使人终夜恶。自我归汝家,安坐餐饭,鬼皮始脱。母在前,我岂诬耶?”才垂首,不敢少出气。女又曰:“自顾无倾城姿,不堪奉贵人﹔似若辈男子,我自谓犹相匹。有何亏负,遂无一念香火情*?我岂不能起楼宇、买良沃,念汝儇薄骨*、乞丐相,终不是白头侣!”言次,婢妪连衿臂,旋旋围绕之。闻女责数,便都唾骂,共言:“不如杀却*,何须复云云!”才大惧,据地自投,但言知悔。女又盛气曰:“鬻妻子已大恶,犹未便是剧﹔何忍以同衾人赚作娼!”言未已,众眦裂,悉以锐簪翦刀股攒刺胁腂*。才号悲乞命。女止之曰:“可暂释却。渠便无仁义,我不忍其觳觫*。”乃率众下楼去。

注释:

1.挝:敲打。读“抓”。2。憧憧:络绎不绝的样子。3。甥馆:女婿。古代称妻父为外舅,称女婿为甥。传说舜娶尧帝之女为妻,拜见尧帝时,将他安置在自己的副宫(馆)中。后人就根据把甥安置在馆中一事略缩为“甥馆”一词,意为“女婿”。4。渠:他。5。铤:读“定”,是“锭”的本字。6。几:茶几。7。香火情:焚香誓约之情,即夫妻之情。8。儇薄骨:轻薄相。儇,读“宣”,轻浮之义。骨,指骨相。9。却:掉。10。胁腂:两肋突起之处。胁,从腋下到腰上之间的部位。腂,读“累”,同“肋”。11。觳觫:因恐惧而颤抖。读“胡素”。

白话:

差不多将近半夜的时候,才到岳母亲家。敲门走进去一看,楼宇华丽,奴婢成群。白
天有才和云翠仙待在一起,每次提出要见岳母,翠仙都加以制止。 所以做了一年多的
女婿,也没真正到岳母家去过一趟。他这才感到害怕,想必是她家的家业太大,把女儿
卖去当官妓心有不甘。
云翠仙把有才领到楼上。老妇吃惊地问:“你夫妻二人为什么到这里来?”
翠仙抱怨说:“我早就说他不仁不义,现在看来果然如此。”
于是她就从衣服里掏出两锭黄金,放到桌子上,说:“多亏我没有受这个小人的骗,
今天才能把这金字还给母亲。”
母亲惶恐不安地询问其中的原因。
翠仙说:“他要把我卖掉,所以我才把金子藏起来。”接着她又指着有才骂道:“你
这个豺狼鼠辈!从前你每天肩负重担,满脸灰尘,形同鬼魅。刚接近我的那会儿,你浑
身汗臭熏人,肉皮上的脏东西都能掉下渣儿,手脚上的皴足足有一寸厚,让人成整夜恶
心。自从我到了你家,你饭来伸手,茶来张口,浑身那层鬼皮才开始脱落。有我母亲在
眼前,我哪句话把你说委屈了?”
有才低着头,大气不敢出。
云翠仙又说:“我知道自己没有倾国倾城的美色,嫁不得贵富人家。可是象你这种男
人,我觉得还能匹配。我有哪点亏待你,让人毫不顾及夫妻之情?莫非是因为我盖不起
楼房,买不得良田?一想到你这副轻薄的骨头乞丐的相貌,就知道你终究不会和我白头
到老!”
翠仙的话音刚落,奴婢,老妇及各位女眷纷纷把有才包围起来。听到女郎的斥责,也
都朝有才一边吐唾沫,一边责骂。
“不如把他杀掉算啦,何必多费口舌。”她们异口同声地说。
有才惊恐万状,慌忙跪地求饶,一个劲儿地说知道后悔了。
翠仙又怒气冲天地说:“卖老婆已经是大错特错,可这还算不得罪大恶极。可你怎么
忍心把和你同床共枕的人卖去当娼妓!”
话音未落,众人早已怒目而视,纷纷拿起锋利的发簪、剪刀扎他的屁股,戳他的两
肋。有才哭嚎着乞求饶命。翠仙这才对众人喊停。
“可以暂时放他一把。他虽然无情无义,可我还是不忍心看他哆嗦着象筛糠的可怜
相。”
说完云翠仙就领着众人下楼去了。

英译:

It was nearly mid-night that they arrived at her mother’s home. After entering, he found the house splendid with several maids coming and going busily.
Liang wanted to see her mother, yet Yun refused his request. Worse, she asked him to move away next morning together with her to his uncle’s home. Because of this, nearly half year had passed quickly before Liang had a chance to meet his parents-in-law. Always in a nervous state, Liang was afraid her parents would probably obstruct their separation just because the family was too rich to allow any disgraceful things like this.
It’s only after several days more that Yun let Liang visit the old lady.
“Why are you coming to me?” asked the mother-in-law.
“I’ve always thought him a hypocrite,” said Yun. “This is how things really are.”
Taking out some money and putting it on the table, she said continuously, “Fortunately, he has no chance to get the money by cheating. I’d like to give it back to you today.”
Her mother was frightened and asked why.
“He wanted to sell me so I hid the money.” Yun then pointed at Liang and loudly scolded him, “You son of *****! In the past, you did hard work everyday. With a thick layer of dust in your face, you looked just like a ghost. When you closed to me for the first time, your body gave out a bad smell of your perspiration and your hands seriously chapped and were covered by a layer of dirt as thick as one inch. All these made me sick all night long,” said she continuously. “But ever since you came to my family, you’ve lived an easy life without being worried about clothing, food, lodging and anything else. And particularly, your dirty ghost skin came out. Since my mother is here, how dare I frame a lie against you?”
With his head sinking on his chest, Liang didn’t dare to breathe loudly.
“I know I’m not beautiful enough to match a nobleman, but for your kind of guys, I’m more than enough.” Yun said. “Now that our relationship has already ended, I don’t feel sorry at all. How can I look to you to buy big houses and live a happy life? Whenever I see your shabby beggar appearance, I’d feel badly disappointed. You’re absolutely unable to be anyone’s life-long companion!”
On hearing her scolding, all family members and relatives including maids and servants came and surrounded Liang immediately. They sharply cursed him and said with one voice, “There’s no use talking too much, we’d better kill him right away!”
Terribly frightened, Liang immediately knelt down, made a thumping kowtow, begged for mercy and said he’d already realized his mistakes and wanted to begin his life anew.
“Selling wife is already a big fault. But it is not big enough,” said she. “His real unforgivable sin is to sell his own wife as a prostitute!”
Without waiting for Yun to finish her words, all the people around attacked Liang’s waist or hip with sharp hair pins or scissors.
Liang cried and asked them to spare his life.
Yun stopped them saying, “We’d better let him go. Although he is so bad, I don’t have the heart to see him shivering.”
Finishing her words, she led the man going downstairs.

原文:

才坐听移时,语声俱寂,思欲潜遁。忽仰视见星汉,东方已白,野色苍莽﹔灯亦寻灭。并无屋宇,身坐削壁上。俯瞰绝壑,深无底。骇绝,惧堕。身稍移,塌然一声,堕石崩坠。壁半有枯*横焉,罥*不得堕。以枯受腹,手足无着。下视茫茫,不知几何寻丈。不敢转侧,嗥怖声嘶,一身尽肿,眼耳鼻舌身力俱竭。日渐高,始有樵人望见之﹔寻绠*来,缒而下,取置崖上,奄将溘毙。舁归其家。至则门洞敞,家荒荒如败寺,床簏什器俱杳,惟有绳床败案,是己家旧物,零落犹存。嗒然自卧。饥时,日一乞食于邻。既而肿溃为癞。里党薄其行,悉唾弃之。才无计,货屋而穴居,行乞于道,以刀自随。或劝以刀易饵,才不肯曰:“野居防虎狼,用自卫耳。”后遇向*劝鬻妻者于途,近而哀语,遽出刀摮*而杀之,遂被收。官廉得其情,亦未忍酷虐之,系狱中,寻瘐*死。

注释:

1。枯:指枯树。2。罥:挂。读“捐”。3。绠:汲水用的绳子。绠:读“梗”。4。向:一向,指过去的某段时间。 6。摮:旁击。。瘐:死。指死于狱中,读“雨”。

白话:

梁有才坐在地上,听了一会儿,四处鸦雀无声,他就想偷偷地逃走。突然抬头一看,
只见满天星斗,东方已经发白,周围一片青翠的荒野,寻看灯光也早已灭掉。他这才发
现并没有什么楼宇,自己只是坐在峭壁之上。低头一看,是一眼望不到底的万丈深渊。
他惊骇至极,唯恐坠落。身体稍有挪动,轰然一声巨响,山崩地裂,随即连同石块一起
被崩坠落山崖。幸亏半山腰横着一棵枯树,才使他挂在半空,免于一落到底。他只是被
枯木顶着肚子,手脚全无着落。望下看,茫茫一片,不知究竟有多深。他不敢转身,因
为稍一动弹,就疼得他鬼哭狼嚎。他浑身青肿,眼耳鼻舌,全无气力。
日头逐渐升高,才有一位砍柴人看见他。砍柴人找来绳子,把他系下来,放在山崖
上。此时他已奄奄一息。梁有才被抬回家。他发现早已门庭凋零,荒凉得就象破庙一
样。值钱的家具,各类用品早已不知去向。一张绳编卧床和一张破桌,是他硕果仅存的
旧物。他了无生趣地独自躺在床上。饿了就每天向邻居讨口饭吃。不久他浑身浮肿,继
而溃烂成疮。乡里乡亲都看不起他的所作所为,纷纷唾弃他。没有办法,有才只好把房
子卖掉,住到山洞里。他每天都带着刀子,在路边行乞。有人劝他把刀卖掉换饭吃,他
不肯那样做。
“住在野外要防备豺狼虎豹,我只用它自卫。”有才说。
后来他在路上遇到那个劝他卖妻的人。他凑到跟前,假装向他诉苦,可突然之间拔出
刀子把他杀了。他随即被捕。官吏们听到他的情况之后,都不忍心对他施加酷刑,只是
把他关在牢中。不久,梁有才就死在了狱中。

英译:

Sitting and listening awhile, Liang heard their voices became weaker and weaker and finally to a dead silence. He was going to escape stealthily. But just at the moment he raised his head and looked up, he found no roof at all instead of stars twinkling in the sky. And there appeared the light of early dawn in the east. The wild field was wide and dim. And the once bright lights already died out.
There were no houses at all and he was sitting just at the edge of a overhanging cliff. Overlooking the deep abyss, he couldn’t see its bottom.
Seized with fear and afraid of falling down, Liang moved a little bit. Suddenly with a bang, numerous large rocks burst and rolled down. Together with the flying stones, he also fell down. Yet thanks for a piece of dry wood horizontally hanging halfway up the mountain, he didn’t fall down to the bottom. Only suspending in the air with the dry wood supporting his belly, his hands and feet couldn’t grasp anything. Looking down at the dark abyss, he didn’t know how deep it was. His body was completely swollen. His eyes, ears, noose and tongue were fully tired out. Daring not to turn his body aside, he could do nothing but horribly shouted himself hoarse.
It was only after the sun rose higher was he found by a passerby who took him down with a rope. Already at the point of death, Liang was sent back home. The door wide open, his family was deserted just like a poor temple. All valuable things disappeared except for a poor rope-woven bed and a broken table still existing.
Liang dejectedly lay on the poor bed by himself. Whenever hungry, he would get up and go out begging food in the neighborhood. Later on, suppurating badly, his wound turned into leprosy.
The neighbors despised his behavior and cast him aside. Liang could do nothing but sell out his house and live in a mountain cave. Everyday he went begging along roadside with a knife along with him. People persuaded him to exchange the knife for food, but he didn’t listen to them.
“When I live in the wild, I can use it to guard against tigers and wolves,” said Liang. “It’s a just self-defense.”
Afterwards on the road, he met the man who persuaded him to sell his wife. Getting close and taking the opportunity to say something sorrowful, Liang abruptly took out his knife and killed the man.
He was arrested immediately. Finding out the true story, the officials didn’t have the heart to inflict cruel torture upon him but just put him in prison.
Liang died in jail before long.

原文:

异史氏曰:“得远山芙蓉,与共四壁,与以南面王岂易哉!己则非人,而怨逢恶*之友﹔故为友者不可不知戒也。凡狭邪*子诱人淫博,为诸不义,其事不败,虽则不怨亦不德。迨于身无襦,妇无袴,千人所指,无疾将死,穷败之念,无时不萦于心,穷败之恨,无时不切于齿﹔清夜牛衣*中,辗转不寐。夫然后历历想未落时,历历想将落时,又历历想致落之故,而因以及发端致落之人。至于此,弱者起,拥絮坐诅﹔强者忍冻裸行,篝火索刀,霍霍磨之,不待终夜矣。故以善规人,如赠橄榄﹔以恶诱人,如馈漏脯*也。听者固当省,言者可勿惧哉!”

注释:

逢恶:逢迎、迎合恶习。有助纣为虐的意思。这里不是“遇到恶友”之义。2。狭邪子:本指住在小巷中从未出过远门的人。此处指作“狭邪游”之徒。狭邪,狭窄曲折的陋巷,同“狭斜”。此处的“邪”和“斜”都读“狭”。 后来,因为妓女的住处多在曲折狭窄的小巷,所以逐渐使“狭斜”的意思演化为“青楼”、“烟花柳巷”,而狎妓饮酒就被称为“狭邪游”。因此,本文中的“狭邪子”,就是指光顾青楼狎妓饮酒之徒。3。牛衣:牛披的蓑衣。此处指披着像蓑衣那样的破衣烂衫,贫穷的意思。4.漏脯:腐败变质的肉干。脯,本指“肉干”,如“兔脯”等,后蜜饯果干也称“脯”,如“果脯”、“桃脯”等。脯,读“腐”。

白话:

作者评述:

获得一位眉若远山抹黛,貌若芙蓉吐艳的美人,她能和你共度家徒四壁的贫困生活,
如果有人提出要以美人为交换条件,让你到南山坐山为王,你能交换吗?自己本来不是
人,却抱怨那些投其所好,诱其作恶的朋友。因此,要想和别人交朋友的人,不能不引
以为戒。为恶人所惑而为非作歹的人,多行不义之后,如果事情不败露,什么都好说。
一旦落到如下地步:夫无避寒衣,妻无遮体服,千人所指,羞愧难当,虽身无疾患,但
却痛苦欲绝,穷困潦倒的精神痛苦,便会时时萦绕于心,留下切齿难忘的怨恨。身披破
衣烂衫,清夜扪心自问,就会辗转反侧,彻夜难眠。一路走来的状况,便会历历在目:
未沦落时,将沦落时,沦落之因,以及令你置身沦落的发端之事和始作俑者。此时此刻
,弱者便会起身,拥被而坐,诅咒谩骂;强者则会忍冻下床,裸身点灯,随即取刀而磨
,等不到天亮就要采取行动。劝人为善者,赠予他人的是橄榄,诱人作恶者,给予他人
的是烂肉。听者自然能醒悟,言者不必怕!

英译:

Author’s Commentary:
Gaining a beauty is just like getting a gem, who is willing to live with you even if you are penniless. It’s no easy job. Since you’ve already got one, you shouldn’t exchange her for anything. Even if you are promised to gain a king’s position, you should still refuse. Some guys are not real men, but they blame themselves for meeting bad friends. Therefore, we should pay much attention and heighten our vigilance whenever we want to make friends with others. There really exist in the world some people who are fond of enticing others to do evil things, such as debauchery, gamble and so on and so forth. Even if their behavior has not become bad enough for being blamed, yet what they’ve done still pertains to the field of immorality.
Doing too many bad things will be sure to make one kill himself. Owing to his own fault, a man will finally make himself have nothing to wear, make his wife have nothing to eat. And as a result, he will face a thousand accusing fingers and will die even without any diseases. All day long, he will be tortured by the bitterness of suffering from poverty and will be perturbed by the root of failure. And throughout the night, he will sit in bed being wrapped with quilt or toss and turn just being unable to fall asleep. And then, he will think of the time when he had not yet failed, will think of the time when he would fail, will think of the time when he will fail and think of the reasons of his failure, And throughout the night, he will sit in bed being wrapped with quilt or toss and turn just being unable to fall asleep. And then, he will think of the time when he had not yet failed, will think of the time when he would fail, will think of the time when he will fail and think of the reasons of his failure, and even think of the persons who caused him the failure. In this case, the weak will only get up and sit in bed being wrapped in quilt and loudly cursing; while the strong will force himself to endure the cold air, and with his body naked, walk away to make a fire and sharpen his knife for killing his enemy without waiting the end of the night.
So admonishing people to do good things is just like presenting them olive branches; while luring people to do evil things is just like giving them rotten meat. Listeners should always pay much attention to others and make self-examinations simultaneously, while speakers should always give well-intentioned advices to others and if so, he should not fear anything whenever opening his mouth.

所有跟帖: 

回复:云翠仙 (刁民鬼婚): 聊斋故事系列四合一(原著-注释-白话-英译) -宋德利利- 给 宋德利利 发送悄悄话 宋德利利 的博客首页 (126 bytes) () 09/27/2007 postreply 14:44:22

Thank you very much. Have a nice evening. -林贝卡- 给 林贝卡 发送悄悄话 林贝卡 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/27/2007 postreply 14:51:36

A very interesting story. Thank you. -YuGong- 给 YuGong 发送悄悄话 YuGong 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/27/2007 postreply 20:14:06

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”