周末一笑: I'm used to it(ZT)

来源: 南山松 2016-06-10 18:17:20 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5368 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 南山松 ] 在 2016-06-10 19:56:04 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

1 我已习惯了/I'm used to it

As a hair stylist in a salon, I was giving a client a shampoo. The hose I was using to rinse his hair slipped out of my hand and sprayed him right in the face.

I couldn't apologize enough, but he was nice about the mishap.” That's okay,” he said. “I'm a plumber. I'm used to it. "

作为一个发廊的发型师,一次当我正给一位顾客用香波时,我手中用来洗头的水管从我手里滑了出去,水正喷在了那位顾客的脸上。

我怎么道歉都觉得不够,而那位顾客对这次闪失却很宽容。他说:“没关系,我是个水暖工,这种事我已经习惯了。”

2 妻子的欲望/Wife's desire

A woman and her husband were out shopping when she realized that she needed to purchase some hair color for her graying hair.

"When are you going to stop buying that expensive stuff, “complained the husband. "and let your hair go gray like Barbara Bush?"

"The day that you're inaugurated," the wife replied.

一位女士在与他的丈夫购物时,她意识到她该为她变灰白的头发买些染发剂了。

“你什么时候才能停止买那些昂贵的东西,”她丈夫抱怨说: “让你的头发自然变白就像芭芭拉.布什(总统夫人)那样?”

“在你宣誓就职的那一天。”妻子说。

3 经验/Experience

The manager of a fast-food franchise was approached by a teenager looking for a job. "Have you had any experience with fast food?" the manager asked.

The young man paused for a moment. “Well,” he replied, I’ve eaten a lot of it.”

一位少年找到一家快餐连锁店的经理要找工作,经理问他:“你有在快餐店工作的经验吗?"

年轻人想了想说:“这么说吧,我吃过很多快餐。”

4 再嫩一点儿!/More rare!

Like most colleges, the food at St. Mary's College of Maryland scores low marks for both quality and variety. One exception is our annual steak-and-shrimp night; but even this can’t escape the critics.

"This steak could be a little more rare, " I overheard a fellow student say.

"Pipe down," whispered her companion. "Once a year is rare enough!”

像大多数学院一样,马里兰的圣·玛丽学院的伙食无论从花样上,还是从质量上评分都很低。唯一的例外是我们每年的牛排大虾之夜。但即使这次也难逃批评。我无意中听到一个学生说:“这块牛排应烧得再嫩一点儿。”

她的同伴低声说,一年一次就够稀有的了。” (注:英语中,嫩和稀有都是rare。)

5 给予与提取/Give and take

My friend's preparations for a visit from her children included a trip to the bank. Waiting in line at the teller's window, she lamented to the middle-aged man behind her, "My children are in their 20's,and I'm still giving them money. When does it end?"

"I'm not sure, "the man replied while glancing uncomfortably at a paper in his hand, "but I’m not the one to ask. I’m here to deposit a check my mother gave me."

我的朋友为其子女的光临做一些准备包括去一趟银行。当她在出纳员窗口排队等候时,她对她身后的一位中年男子诉苦:“我的孩子们都20多岁了,可我仍然得给他们钱。这种事什么时候才算完呢?”

“我不能确定。”那位男子边回答边不安地看着手里拿的那张纸。“我不是你该问的人,我到这儿是来存我妈妈给我的支票的。”

6 只是提醒而已!/It's a reminder

Trying to cut down on expenses, I decided to bring a sack lunch to work.  Unfortunately, I kept forgetting my sandwiches in my morning rush. One night I left myself a note near the front door.

Next morning, I spotted the message and went to the refrigerator, but my lunch wasn't there. I retraced my steps and took a closer look at the note. Underneath "Don't forget your lunch" my roommate had scrawled, "Thanks!”

为了减少开支,我决定自带袋装午餐去上班。不幸的是,在早上的忙乱中我总是忘了带三明治。一天晚上,我在前门附近给自己贴了个纸条。

第二天早上,我看见了条子,来到了冰箱前,却发现我的午饭不见了。我顺着原路,到那张纸条前仔细一看,在“不要忘记你的午饭”的下面,我的室友潦草地写着“谢谢”。

所有跟帖: 

哈哈#2 sounds familiar. -Flyingstraw- 给 Flyingstraw 发送悄悄话 Flyingstraw 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/10/2016 postreply 20:38:27

Haha, maybe the clever wives are everywhere~ Flyingstraw, have -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (288 bytes) () 06/11/2016 postreply 06:21:56

Thanks 松松. I eat rare steaks rarely. -井龙和- 给 井龙和 发送悄悄话 井龙和 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/11/2016 postreply 19:18:59

Haha, a good sentence for word "rare".井龙和, have a nice weekend! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/12/2016 postreply 05:36:10

secret of 南--博大精深的漢字 -走马读人- 给 走马读人 发送悄悄话 走马读人 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/12/2016 postreply 17:00:37

问好走马读人, 新周快乐! -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/12/2016 postreply 17:52:18

#1, 善良的人!知道有人被饭馆被服务员把菜撒到衣服上、被实习牙医治错了牙,还反过来安慰对方的。 -肖庄- 给 肖庄 发送悄悄话 肖庄 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/12/2016 postreply 23:56:31

Yeah, there are a lot of nice people in the world. 肖庄, have a ni -南山松- 给 南山松 发送悄悄话 南山松 的博客首页 (87 bytes) () 06/13/2016 postreply 20:01:28

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”