麦克杜格医师(Dr. John McDougall)淀粉减肥法的批评声音

来源: 闽姑 2014-08-19 17:59:18 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8095 bytes)

约翰.麦克杜格医师(Dr. John McDougall)推荐的饮食减重法实际上不是在讲吃素,而是靠吃大量的淀粉质来减重的。他推崇的黃金饮食比例是:

70%淀粉 + 10%水果 + 20%蔬菜这种比例。从五谷类食物、水果、蔬菜中攝取最多的天然淀粉。淀粉质在谷类里指的是糙米、大麦、小麦、燕麦和玉米等。豆类是大豆、豌豆、扁豆。蔬果含淀粉的有地瓜、马铃薯、胡萝卜、山药等。

This vegan (vegetarian, no dairy) diet consists mainly of complex carbohydrates, no meat or dairy products, and no added oil.

Your meals are built around entrees of whole grains (such as brown rice, oats, barley, wheat berries, and millet), legumes (beans, peas, and lentils), and starchy vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, winter squash), with added vegetables and fruits. No fat is added, so the only fat you eat is what is naturally in the food. This makes the McDougall diet 5-10% fat, 0% saturated fat, 6-15% protein, and 75-87% carbohydrate.

You lose weight because your food choices are all very low in fat and high in fiber, so even though you eat enough to feel full, your calories are low.

以这些当主食,替代掉动物性蛋白质。每天以600--900大卡的淀粉质,例如四碗饭或是四个中型地瓜取代蛋白质。 口号是: 吃植物性饮食(淀粉饮食),享受免手术、免吃药的健康幸福。

网上都是称赞的见证,很少有批评的声音。偶然读到这一篇,大家看一看:

http://enlita.com/blog/mcdougall-program-diet-review-criticism   --- By Dr. Kendra Pearsall

McDougall Program Diet Reviews: Read Why This Is The WORST Diet Book Written In The History Of Mankind

Grade: F   Dr. McDougall writes a book based on misinformation (hogwash) in a attempt to convert you to his vegan (no animal products) agenda.

Summary:

John McDougall, M.D. is an internist who is also a vegan (eats no animal protein). The McDougall program consists of 700-1100 calories a day with no more than 5% fat, 7-15% protein and 75-90% carbohydrates.

Praise for The McDougall Program:

I have none.

Criticism of The McDougall Program:

Oh my, where do I begin?

1. Everything McDougall says is just plain wrong.

This was the worst diet book I’ve ever read. He begins the book by stating that most of the popular nutritional wisdom is based on myths such as (are you ready for this?):

"Sugar is bad for you and olive oil is good for you. Both of these are myths."

McDougall explains that eating sugar is better than olive oil because it contains less calories per gram than fat. One should never eat oil if they want to lose weight. It is much better to sprinkle sugar on your cereal than dip your bread in "dangerous" olive oil.

Are you laughing yet? I don’t think I need to waste your time by explaining how this statement is false. Why is this guy writing a book on nutrition when he knows nothing about it?

Here are some other McDougall pearls of wisdom:

"The rich American diet is made up primarily of carb-deficient foods. Meat, poultry, and fish have no carbohydrate."

Um, certainly he can’t be referring to citizens of the United States who are the biggest carb addicts in the world. Surely he must be referring to the Eskimo population in Alaska—who incidentally have the lowest rates of heart attacks and strokes due to their low-carb, high-fat diet.

"In general, high-carbohydrate, high-fiber, low-fat foods make insulin work more efficiently and reduce the amount of insulin needed by the body…on the other hand, high fat foods dramatically increase insulin production."

McDougall must have slept through his biochemistry and physiology classes in medical school because actually the opposite is true. High-carb foods dramatically increase insulin and fat has no affect on insulin.

"One of the most common concerns I hear form people who follow the McDougall program faithfully is ‘I’ve lost too much weight.’ My response is many people just think they’re too thin when they’re really not."

I can imagine these patients look like emaciated prisoners of war if they are only allowed 700 calories a day.

"I recommend non-stick Teflon skillets because you can’t cook with any oil."

I agree, it’s far better to use Teflon which is linked to many health problems including cancer, than to use a small amount of oil. Don't you agree?

2. A starving dog would turn his nose up at these recipes.

I remember buying McDougall’s cookbook in 1994 on the recommendation of a die-hard vegan. I made about five recipes and they were all disgusting. I complained about this to my vegan friend and even he admitted that Mary McDougall, who invented the recipes, was a terrible chef.

In summary, the McDougall Program is basically false propaganda to convert people to veganism. I am not opposed to veganism but I am opposed to the misinformation that was presented by Dr. McDougall.

The pros and cons of a vegan diet will be covered in a separate article. In the meantime, avoid anything by McDougall like the plague and if you want a great vegan cookbook, get John Robbins, May All Be Fed. When I was a former vegan I used to make recipes from May All Be Fed and bring them to vegan potlucks and they never failed to elicit rave reviews.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

如果你不同意以上批评意见,那就彻底地了解麦都果医生(麦克杜格医师自己网站的中文翻译名字)的淀粉减重法,自己评判(给健康坛一致赞同的均衡饮食的许许多多爱好者---什么都吃,吃得不多也不少)或跟随吧...

请点击以下链接看完整的中文幻灯片:

Mandarin Chinese/汉语 [漢語] : 麥都果醫師的彩色圖畫書

其中的一张图片:

参加活动 - 发活动帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]