My world is far from the fairyland

来源: 胡说之 2011-09-03 04:19:07 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1318 bytes)

Living in this country with lots of flaws, seems I still have not enough experience. Shall we keep this topic stictly in job interview, it is hard to argue with personal experience in the main street, and I believe everything you said is true. Have you ever had been asked such questions in a job interview, in the US? It's not only bad taste but also illegal. I guess my argument is, preparing pick-a-side-in-an-imaginary-war question in a job interview in the U.S. is like spending your time on learning how to kill a dragon.

Speaking of nice eld lady, I did have to deal with one of such kind when I sign my first appartment lease in US. She asked "where are you from", and I thought she wants to check my credit history, so I gave the I-am-from-Scotland kind of answer. Then she asked the exact questions in the job interview forbidden list, totally irrelevant to the business. I told the story to my local colleague in a lunch time chit chat. I was astonished by his strong response:"I feel ashamed of that woman, she's not American, I would say she is a freagan French." So I learned two things:

1, the Americans were really really mad for France not joining the war in Iraq;

2, those forbidden questions are not cool.

Wish you got better luck in your next trip to America.

所有跟帖: 

回复:My world is far from the fairyland -wave_forest- 给 wave_forest 发送悄悄话 wave_forest 的博客首页 (856 bytes) () 09/03/2011 postreply 09:41:41

I would never guarantee that those questions won't be asked in U -胡说之- 给 胡说之 发送悄悄话 胡说之 的博客首页 (2253 bytes) () 09/03/2011 postreply 11:44:45

LOL .I'll buy you a drink when you come to London -wave_forest- 给 wave_forest 发送悄悄话 wave_forest 的博客首页 (45 bytes) () 09/03/2011 postreply 13:55:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”