I would never guarantee that those questions won't be asked in U

来源: 胡说之 2011-09-03 11:44:45 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2253 bytes)
回答: 回复:My world is far from the fairylandwave_forest2011-09-03 09:41:41

Sound and decent people, that's the key, won't do that.

Let me make a simple parable: pee in the public street is big NO-NO, can we agree on this? Sound and decent people don't it, agreed? I am sure occasionally we can see drunks peeing by the main street, in US big cities downtown, you can tell by the smell without eyewitnessing one. So, the rule of no peeing in the public place doesn't stand anymore? Of cause it does as a social rule in general.

I never say that everybody in the US is perfect, and each every rule is observed faithfuly by every memeber in this society, you got science/technology background, I dont' think explaining the logical difference is necessary. It's about a social customs and laws in the US. Apparently there's difference between 英/美 in this specific topic. I learned from you that it is legitimate to ask such questions in your country, but over here, it is a big NO-NO in social life and illegal in company hiring process.

You are right, the political correctness is all over the place in the US. As a perfect example we saw, yesterday a Chinese sis just offended her male colleague by saying accountant is female profession. It might not be a big deal in a different country, but it would put a dant in her office image.

When we talk about glass ceiling or bamboo ceiling, lacking of understanding to those political correctness might be one of the reasons that people hit the ceiling. Like it or not, fortunately or unfortunately, here in the US we have to live with it.

Since you are not US resident, luckily you are free from the political correctness and other B.S. in US social-ecosystem. You want to ask that challenging question in your hiring process, that's perfectly fine with me. I have no place to judge it. And thanks for sharing the information, so I won't drop my draw if a british HM asking me that, as matter of fact, a british finance recruiting agent dumps open positions in london to my email account everyday. However, say a Chinese dude in the US happen to be the hiring manager, and he wants to play your game, then he's doomed his own career.

Nice talk. Happe labor day -- is it a holiday in Scotland? or you people observe 1st of May?

所有跟帖: 

LOL .I'll buy you a drink when you come to London -wave_forest- 给 wave_forest 发送悄悄话 wave_forest 的博客首页 (45 bytes) () 09/03/2011 postreply 13:55:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”