看看MSNBC原文的那些Comment也很有价值,以下这个Comment值得一看

来源: 医者意也 2011-11-01 19:50:07 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1244 bytes)

Abuse isn't the only problem.

My brother had a motorcycle accident several years ago. He lost a leg, destroyed his pelvis, and had to have his chest split open in order to relieve pressure. It took him 3 years to come back and get strong again.

Since my family is not rich and healthcare is a joke in the US, he was placed on homecare and my Mother administered his meds. One night, after yet another new Doctor changed his pain meds yet again, my Mother gave him the prescribed dose of the new pain killer for the first time.

He never woke up.

I think back on this all the time. He was strong when this happened. I saw him lift his entire body from his home hospital bed with one hand while my Mother helped him into a wheel chair weeks before he died. The accident was so horrible, I thought he would never recover, but he did.

And then, suddenly, he was dead, because in the US the combination of a new Doctor (most would just look at his file and refuse to treat him because of the extent of his injuries) a new medication, and not enough money to afford a real nurse.

The lack of true care in our system angers me, yet nothing changes.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”