Alkaline pH - false teaching false religion

来源: JAYDAD 2009-12-02 00:20:16 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3182 bytes)
Some friend previously commented on the stubbornness of alkaline pH believers: these people have taken this classic quackery - the teaching of some false science to a whole new level, that they held such false teaching firm as RELIGION. Trying convincing them with scientific theory and evidences is like futile laboring to convert believers of false religion.

Question:
"**** has stage 4 nsclc lung cancer with mets to liver. She is on the whole body diet monitoring her body ph. This last week it has been around 6-6.5 instead of 7.3 or 7.4 where cancer cells can't survive. She has not yet started her treatment yet so chemo would not be the reason. Her diet is strict. No sugar, meat, dairy and not even grains at this point. Only green vegetables and limon water and green tea. She has paniced and thinks that she will die if she does not get that ph up. Does anyone on this site have any ideas as to what she can do? I am trying to take care of her but don't know what else to do."

my answer:
if your true body pH drops to 6-6.5, you are dead!
You can play with urine pH by changing diet, but your physiological /blood /body pH stays constant or you go onto kidney dialysis or die.

Apparently she seeks only endorsement of her belief:
"I read "Cancer A Second Opinion" by Josef Issels, MD as well as The Anti Cancer Diet by another MD,( gave the book back and don't have his name). Also, read this book online, "Alive and Well" Dr. Philip Binzel. All three of these doctors talk about the body ph and how it contributes to the beginning of cancer. I would recommend these books to anyone who has gone through chemo/rad and now are trying to keep the cancer in remission. Had I not read these books and the success stories of real live people who cured the remaining cancer left in their bodies with this diet change I would still be in pure hell over this news of my **** with stage 4 lung cancer..."

my answer:
it is not a crime to be ignorant - we all are from time to time, but it is a sin to come out in public spreading quack theory and misleading beliefs. A bodily pH of 6-6.5???? He or she would be deader than an ancient mummy!!!!

You can try to read as many MD or PhD books, but what you really need to pick up is some middle and high school science basics. [is there a nicer way to say this?]

Otto Warburg discovered many decades ago that cancer prefers anaerobic metabolism even in the presence of abundant oxygen supply - the result is an accumulation of lactic acid, and lowering of pH in cancer cells, this in turn leads to necrosis, hypoxia and invasive phenotype of cancer.

So, yes, cancer causes lower local pH (not body or systemic pH), but NOT the other way around. You can develop life-threatening metabolic acidosis by totally different mechanism, but such acidosis does not cause cancer!

A healthy balanced vegetarian diet helps prevent, slow the progression of, cancer, NOT because such diet raises your body pH;

A meat packed, sugar-sweet, hormone rich, fiber-less, imbalanced diet hurts your chance to survive cancer, NOT because it lowers your bodily pH.

所有跟帖: 

谢谢再次转贴好文!等不了郝大夫来译了,用google translate试译. -闽姑- 给 闽姑 发送悄悄话 闽姑 的博客首页 (5471 bytes) () 12/02/2009 postreply 07:31:48

from my own blog, 不是转贴 -jaydad- 给 jaydad 发送悄悄话 jaydad 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2009 postreply 07:36:47

谢谢原创!原创更可贵!可惜我改不了标题了! -闽姑- 给 闽姑 发送悄悄话 闽姑 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2009 postreply 07:44:33

偷偷地问一下,有没有译错,不合你的中文原意?也不鼓励一下,吝啬啊吝啬! -闽姑- 给 闽姑 发送悄悄话 闽姑 的博客首页 (289 bytes) () 12/02/2009 postreply 08:02:02

姑姑,看您的贴还能听歌,真享受! 嘿嘿,能再播一首俄罗斯美声歌曲吗? -童语- 给 童语 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2009 postreply 17:00:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”