换个题目。8回梅根哈利。这篇hurts. Ouch~

来源: greenoasis 2020-02-13 20:11:43 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (29228 bytes)

It didn’t take long for Harry and Meghan to prove they are hypocrites

MORE FROM:

MAUREEN CALLAHAN

Maureen Callahan

Well, that was fast.

Just weeks after slamming the door on Buckingham Palace, declaring their suffering as wealthy, pampered, world-famous senior royals so unbearable that they must take their leave and flee to the Canadian woods in search of privacy, humility, a slower way of life, time to think about which noble eco-warrior causes to support (while flying private, of course) and to create normalcy for themselves and their baby, Harry and Meghan are out on the stroll, selling their goods and services — whatever those may be — to the highest bidder.

You’d think, for appearances’ sake, they would have held out a little longer. It’s not as if they’re suddenly destitute. Harry and Meghan are, after all, still on the royal payroll through at least May, after which Prince Charles has vowed to support them.

And since decamping Britain, they’ve been freeloading, staying indefinitely at a $14 million Vancouver mansion (a deal brokered by music producer David Foster) and at Serena Williams’ Palm Beach estate during a recent trip to Florida.

That trip, by the way, was to attend a summit hosted by JP Morgan Chase. Harry, a 35-year-old man who knows little of the real world, let alone macro- and micro-economics or likely how to work an ATM, spoke to an audience including former Prime Minister Tony Blair, Patriots owner Robert Kraft and architect Sir Norman Foster.

Neither side will say whether he was paid, though experts say it’s likely he was compensated substantially. And to speak of what exactly?

The grief he still suffers from his mother’s death 20 years ago.

To get this right: Harry, as he said in his last public statement as a working royal, had “no other option” given the “many years of challenges” he has faced, the result of losing his mother, his forced march behind her casket as a 12-year-old boy, and the ongoing mental health challenges from which he suffers.

“Every single time I hear a click, every single time I see a flash,” he said last year, “it takes me straight back.”

So, as he said in his farewell speech, he was forced to “step my family back from all I have ever known, to take a step forward into what I hope can be a more peaceful life.”

But for the right price, he’ll dredge up all that deeply personal emotional chaos, held sacred for decades, to a room full of global powerbrokers — despite zero chance any of it will elucidate or ameliorate a single real-world problem.

To cap off this inaugural foray into life as working commoners, Harry and Meghan reportedly had dinner with two of the most philanthropic and publicity-shy people on the planet, Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez.

Now they’re reportedly house-hunting in LA and New York City — exactly where celebrities seeking seclusion go — and have been in talks with Goldman Sachs since at least November, months before announcing their plans to “step back.”

It’s been estimated that such vague partnerships could net the couple a billion-dollar empire. Clearly, the only difference between life inside and outside palace walls is a profit margin.

The argument that they can do so much more now for their dearest causes, freed from palace restraints, is nothing but a cynical fiction.

Harry’s mother, Princess Diana, did more to change public attitudes towards AIDS patients as a working royal than anyone, and it was precisely because she was doing things no royal had ever done — handhold and hug and kiss those dying from the disease — that her activism had such enormous impact.

And when Diana did something else a future queen of England had never done — get a divorce — she didn’t commodify her brand or sell her secrets. She recognized her platform as inherently rare and valuable, made more so by her refusal to monetize it.

SussexRoyal?! Diana would never.

Contrast his mother’s approach with the recent video, since taken down, of Harry cornering Disney chief Bob Iger at a private event, begging him to hire Meghan for voiceover work while Beyoncé looks on, mortified.

When, as a royal, you literally put yourself in supplication to a titan of capitalism, you have shown no scruples, no self-awareness, no shame. Now you’re just another hustler out to make a buck, and there’s nothing special about that.

所有跟帖: 

演员啊。是挺好看的。这俩这么快就搬回洛杉矶了。梅根彻底把王子拐跑了lol -greenoasis- 给 greenoasis 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:26:32

要脸面就过不上自己想要的生活,做个伪君子算什么? -Yahh- 给 Yahh 发送悄悄话 Yahh 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:25:35

Haha, exactly what I said to my UK colleagues. W -没头脑的忙- 给 没头脑的忙 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:27:02

I wonder what he will talk next time. Talking about his mother g -没头脑的忙- 给 没头脑的忙 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:28:31

Gets old very soon. -没头脑的忙- 给 没头脑的忙 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:29:08

哈利脑子不够使。让梅根给忽悠晕了。 -greenoasis- 给 greenoasis 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:33:02

这是哪的媒体,英国的吧,写的太狠了点。 -Che.G- 给 Che.G 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:28:55

但是没说错。打着逃避闪光灯的幌子退出皇室,现在忙不迭去抛头露面赶场赚钱 -greenoasis- 给 greenoasis 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:50:12

含着金钥匙长大的,不知世道之险恶,,, -南侠- 给 南侠 发送悄悄话 南侠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:30:22

梅根是个好演员lol, 这个男猪脚可以用一段时间了 -我想飞- 给 我想飞 发送悄悄话 我想飞 的博客首页 (205 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:37:03

梅根的眼神,好男人不會接近 -爰吃小麥草的猫- 给 爰吃小麥草的猫 发送悄悄话 爰吃小麥草的猫 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 20:45:56

感觉说得没错呀。俩人的实际行为与声明讲话根本不符 -newca- 给 newca 发送悄悄话 newca 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 21:07:04

这个王了真是个好人,面相厚道,仅仅为了他,我不黑梅根 -宝宝抱抱- 给 宝宝抱抱 发送悄悄话 宝宝抱抱 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 02/13/2020 postreply 21:57:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”