差点掉深渊,人真不能贪小便宜

来源: 又当爹来又当妈 2012-08-07 18:13:50 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (16322 bytes)
回答: 算了还是pass了又当爹来又当妈2012-08-07 18:06:11

Saturday, November 12, 2011

AJRichies: Legit?

AJRichards.com just changed their name to AJRichies.com. I'm guessing they got in trouble for the name, as there is another company called AJ Richard. Read my previous post about ajrichards here.
 Standard Brooklyn stuff....no battery included, grey market, etc.

Posted by Dave at 3:34 PM

18 comments:

Anonymous said...
WHAT A NIGHTMARE ! Same as most of the other complaints that I have read.On 11/24/2011, I ordered a GZ-HD520BUS,JVC camcorder, priced at $370. A good price. On 11/26/2011, I received an email stating that I must call customer service to confirm information. I called and customer service proceeded to sell me everything and anything. He even advised me that the battery and charger that came with the system, were inferior(Not acording to JVC). I agreed to purchase a spare battery and charger. My order was now $530. I was told that that the order was good and would be shipped. My bank account was immediately deducted the $530. I waited patiently. On 12/6/2011, I called again to inquire about my order. He tried to sell me expedited shipping.I advised him that I had it. He checked and realized I did. He stated that it came in and I would have it by the end of the week. I asked if he was sure, because I had an important family ceremony coming up.He stated'"by the end of the week". That would have been by 12/9/2011. The ceremony came and went and still no camcorder. On 12/13/2011, I emailed the company about my dissapointment. I also advised them to cancel the battery and the charger. I also stated that I still wanted the camera, (email documented). On 12/14/2011, 21days later and still no camera. I received an email response stating that the entire order was cancelled. I called the customer service number and was advised that it had to be cancelled because it was a package purchase. I advised him that it was not. He was anything but helpful! He stated that there was nothing he could do. Their customer service is a secondary sales unit. I requested to speak to a manager and was put on hold. I was on hold for more than 25 minutes. I even emailed them, while I was on hold and advised them that I was still holding "16 minutes and still counting". Adam eventually came on the phone and advised me that my order was cancelled and my money was refunded. I advised him that I still wanted the camera. He stated that it was a discontinued model. ACCORDING TO JVC this is a 2011 model ! He stated that he was unable to get the camcorder. Also not according to JVC. I advised him that he had them on their website. But now they were at least $80 more than when I ordered mine. Adam stated that he would discount another camcorder. I asked him to send me an email stating that. He refused to do so. Then why would I go through this again. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.
 December 14, 2011 1:07:00 PM PST

Jonathan Dieter said...
I ran into some issues with them as well, which I went into in depth at http://cedarandthistle.wordpress.com/2011/12/29/will-you-sell-your-integrity-for-10/.

The kicker was Adam's offer of $10 for my inconvenience if I changed my review on ResellerRatings.com
 January 3, 2012 5:37:00 AM PST

Anonymous said...
Eureka, just like everyone else, I received the call from the 'good cop' owner Adam to rectify things. For the record, he calls with a non-identified caller ID. When I made it clear that he will not be able to bribe me to change my review on ResellerRatings (not even with a free camera!) he literally hung up on me. Wow! I have notified the bank and flagged them.

My previous review:
I came to this site after a BAD and strange experience with ajrichard. Reading reviews, I see I'm not alone, so I'm writing this for others who may read before actually contacting them. Yesterday I tried to buy a Nikon D7000 from them, as they had the best price for the kit. Obviously, to get their upgraded warranty, you have to call and make the order on the phone. It's a catch - DON"T DO IT. I have read that salesmen in US are a lot more 'in your face' than in Britain, but in this case it is an understatement - the guy was plain aggressive. He wanted to sell me all other extensions I didn't need or want, as though for a good price, clearly overpriced and anyone who has researched the product knows the real price of things. All this with an attitude - I know best. I had to hang-up and call again, because of the pressure. When I called back and told him I only want the camera kit & warranty without anything else he processed the order indifferently, without gusto. Or rather never processed it, as I received an email from billing saying that they've had problems with my card, so I need to call them back. When I call the 'billing department' upon giving them the order number they immediately sent me back to the same guy i spoke to yesterday. Sales and billing departments all one person, a very interesting concept! He told me they couldn't process my order because the address is overseas, and coldly said speak to your bank. My bank account is opened in US with my address in US and was never linked to an international address. Called the bank, no such nonsense as international address. It's 21st century, you have different bank accounts when you move countries. Simple. Bottom line, I did not bite their sales tactics of buying other overpriced accessories (probably that's how they achieve their sales margins) so they came up with this excuse (easy one as I have a foreign accent). I immediately asked to cancel the order and I am glad for it. If just trying to buy the product is so hard, I can only imagine how they will process problems or issues one may have with it in the future. Please do yourself a favour, go to a serious seller and AVOID this one. I'm not a reviewer, but it was worth opening an account if this will help someone in the future.
 January 11, 2012 12:17:00 PM PST

Anonymous said...
BE AWARE!, Most of this low-price web sites operate this way. Their advertised priced are very attractive for their main items, however, the main business is on accessories, expedite shipments and service plans, that is why they always try to sell them right away.If you refuse to but any of them, they will give you a hard time and in most cases they will cancel the order by putting the item OUT OF STOCK. Better to spend some more and buy from reliable sources.
 January 13, 2012 7:42:00 AM PST

Anonymous said...
Thanks for the comments guys --- My gut told me the prices they list on their website were too good to be true --- In fact their website brags about employing knowledgeable phone representative (yet another lie) --- Upon calling (on 1-24-12) I asked a simple question regarding a camera I viewed on their site and wondered if it had a pop up flash attached --- The guy on the phone acted as if I were speaking in tongues --- unbelieveable!!! --- He said I don't know if that camera has a built in flash or not, you'd have to call the manufacturer --- I suddenly realized it was a SCAM!!
 January 25, 2012 9:54:00 AM PST

Anonymous said...
Watch out for this operation - I found this operation through a price aggregator that begins with N and ordered a Rebel T3i for a good price and while they are careful not to state whether the item is in stock or not - they do state the item will ship within days giving the impression the item is in stock. Next day I get an email stating that they need to verify some billing information - which I now realize was a BS excuse to get me on the phone to sell me some way overpriced extras. I declined and apparently my order went into 'let's delay the order till we get this guy pissed off enough to cancel' status.

So here it is 30 days later. I spoke to the rep and he offered no information on delivery other than the item was on back order from overseas - ah-ha, these guys don't even sell Canon USA - and I imagine getting warranty coverage would be real fun.

The rep offered me the opportunity to cancel multiple times which I'm sure was his objective - they even offered me an opportunity to cancel through email after an inquiry - and my interpretation of his attitude was hey you can wait an eternity in the event we ever get to buy at that price, or maybe we'll get in some refurb or returned merchandise. Maybe the camera is on backorder - but I can get it numerous other places. Anyway my patience has run out and I've spent more in frustration than the few dollars that I would have saved so I cancelled.

My guess is that if you're lucky and they have stock - or - you were ripped off buying extra batteries or memory cards from them - you got your merchandise in a relatively short time. I suggest you check the warranty status.

Positive reviews seem to be very contrived and messaged.

I will never trust "N" or their satisfaction ratings either. Google AjRichies and you will get all the info you need about this operation. I'm sorry I didn't do that the first time around. Next letter is to the Atty General to file a complaint, cause I am that pissed off
 January 30, 2012 7:24:00 PM PST

Anonymous said...
Could be Bait and Switch artists, ordered a canon S30 and when the guy called to check the address (same as others mention) they tried to up sell me then, after I said no, told me the item was an import with no warranty, he later said it had no US warranty and I should have known this because they have another camera on their website that says it comes with a US warranty (nothing was mentioned on the product I chose except it had a 1 year warranty. Then "Morris" says the camera actually has writing in Japanese on the camera, I assume this was to get me to cancel the order. Be very careful ordering from them, I cancelled my order, I will not order from them again.
 February 14, 2012 7:22:00 PM PST

kblair said...
I had the same experience. BEWARE - Good ratings for this vendor are suspect b/c the rating is taken just after the order (prices are very low which gives a false sense of value). Do the research first. After I ordered, and left a good review, the experience felt like a scam. No, it is a scam. Nextag should be ashamed to support this vendor and still post a BBB icon on its homepage. Do a search for ajrichies.com online first - you will find several identical stories. First a bogus email making you call customer service to verify address - really they are trying to up sell less savvy buyers. Then false deliver dates and poor customer service if you call for a status. And finally undelivered orders or questionable products. Buyer beware.
 March 22, 2012 7:21:00 PM PDT

Anonymous said...
Thanks guys, am I ever glad I looked for reviews before processing my order.
Ajrichards is off my list!
I wonder if B&H is any better? But it's probably best to just buy local even if it costs a little extra.
 March 29, 2012 8:38:00 PM PDT

Anonymous said...
Scam artists. Bait and switch operation to sell you accessories at twice the market price. I was so frustrated I canceled my order but received no documentation on the cancel. Now I will have to put a pay hold on credit card. Stay away.
 May 22, 2012 9:21:00 AM PDT

Anonymous said...
They have a Nikon S8200 listed for sale on their website for $175.00. After reading the complaints on this website and other websites, I decided it was advisable to send an email message to their sales department and ask that they confirm that the item was new, undamaged and unused. I asked for confirmation that the camera had a 1 year manufacturer's warranty, could be registered with the manufacturer and came with all the the accessories supplied by the manufacturer. Sales did not respond to my inquiry so I send the same message to customer services. Still no reply. I have decided not to order the item rather than risk getting the runaround that seems to be the normal business practices of this company.
 May 23, 2012 7:57:00 PM PDT

Anonymous said...
Yep... same AJRichies MO:
1. Good price, so placed order.
2. Email... call to verify address or we can't send.
3. High pressure sales pitch for grossly overpriced accessories.
4. Replied... don't want 'em.
5. Order goes into into indefinite back=order limbo land.

BBB rates these guys F. Hard to believe the NY DA hasn't yet shut this scam down.
 May 25, 2012 3:58:00 PM PDT

Anonymous said...
I wish I had read all these before I placed an order with AjRichies. I ordered a camera from them over two weeks ago. I called them to find out when it would be shipped and they ended up talking me into buying the package deal which would be expedited. I have called them a few times and still get the same run around. It has been shipped, they will send me the tracking number but I never receive it. I would just like to cancel my order completely but I know it will take forever to get my money refunded to me.
 June 5, 2012 7:30:00 PM PDT

aj ritchie scam victim said...
RIP OFF ALERT!! BEWARE!!! I placed an order on 5/26/12 for an $860 camera, including expedited shipping, which was to be a gift for my son who was turning 21. The reason it was so important is that he has a life-threatening auto-immune disease and the fact that he made it to 21 is something to be celebrated. Due to hospital bills, I had to shop for a best price and got sucked in like so many others. All the email addresses they provide on their website are bogus so I cancelled my order by phone after the birthday had come and gone with no camera. It had not been shipped and they cancelled the order. But as of today, I have not been refund my money. I will pursue legal action and hound this company until I do. My son deserved better.
UPDATE: AS OF JUNE 13th, the refund has still not been credited for a cancelled order and merchandise that NEVER shipped. They have stolen $860 from me and keep promising a refund but apparently they are lying. NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!
 June 13, 2012 9:31:00 AM PDT

Yankee Buddha said...
I guess I'm a sucker who still believes merchants are ethical. I had this experience. Placed an order for a Canon R20 Camcord, they said Cam was 260.0, but I needed a nattery, lenes,charger and lots of junk. I fell for it, and ended up with 500.00 dollars in costs plus what they aclled an insurance handling charge of 50 dollars. Now, recall they said shipping was FREE.
We need to put these boiler rooms out of business for good, because truting people are getting ripped off and hurt.
 July 15, 2012 12:24:00 PM PDT

Yankee Buddha said...
As stated, its a bait and switch operation. I fell for twice the costs I was anticipating with a Canon R20. Their free shipping a scam, they throw in a bogus insurance and handling fee.
 July 15, 2012 12:26:00 PM PDT

sponie said...
Same problem, bought a Canon G12 from ajrichie. They asked me to call them to confirm the ordrer, they lied to me about the battery and tried to sell me extra memory. Extra processing fee made the initial low price more expensive than the cometition prices. Will never buy from them again.
 July 28, 2012 9:17:00 AM PDT

sponie said...
Same problem. I bought a Canon G12 from ajrichie. They asked me to call to confirm the order and then tried to upsell me on everything. They lied about the batter that comes with the camera and told me it was not compatible with the G10 batteries I already had. They tried to sell me different memory chips and charged me a "processing" fee that made the initial low price more expensive than the competitive prices. I will never do business with them again!
 July 28, 2012 9:20:00 AM PDT

所有跟帖: 

如果你要在网站买 摄坛公认的是这家 我在这买的2000多的小白 -hhhh- 给 hhhh 发送悄悄话 hhhh 的博客首页 (78 bytes) () 08/07/2012 postreply 18:25:18

我的300D也是同你一样地方买的 -又当爹来又当妈- 给 又当爹来又当妈 发送悄悄话 又当爹来又当妈 的博客首页 (31 bytes) () 08/07/2012 postreply 18:29:45

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”