看看老美的评语for 贺绍强

来源: mickey222 2008-08-28 17:57:05 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (4428 bytes)
omments

Terms of Use: We welcome your participation in our community. Please keep your comments civil and on point. Notify us of any inappropriate comments by clicking the “Mark as Offensive” link. You must be at least 13 years of age to post comments. By submitting a comment, you agree to these Terms of Service

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Login or register
Leave comment
@ Controls
(Powered by JS-Kit)

Leave a comment
Your name:
Send replies to email:
(if provided, email will not be displayed or shared)
Rating:
Comment:
Logged via [logout]
Your OpenID URL:
(OpenID 1.1 providers only)
[more]
(Powered by JS-kit)
(Spam filtering by Akismet)

Page: ← 1 2 3 … 5 6 →
loupjr
Thursday, August 07, 2008
I feel sorry for the family, however I think they made the correct decision when they took the family back to China. I'm not being facetious here...perhaps someone should donate a copy of Rosetta Stone to them. That would get the kids up-to-speed on their Chinese.
Like this comment? [yes] [no] (Score: 0 by 2 votes)
Community assigned karma score: 0 by 0
Mark as offensive
[reply] [delete] [moderate]

jan
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
From the first time I heard about this very sad story I knew it was all about money for that horrible father. He is trying to get sympathy (again) and hopefully all those organizations that helped him before finally realize what he is. I hope there is someway/someone that can bring that little girl back to her true family and remove the other children from his care. Just had another thought, send him to Judge Judy, she'll straighten him out.
Like this comment? [yes] [no] (Score: 3 by 3 votes)
Community assigned karma score: 0 by 0
Mark as offensive
[reply] [delete] [moderate]

Scott Enk
Saturday, August 02, 2008
As WMC's July 30 update on Anna Mae He notes:

-o0o-

Plans are being made to bring Anna Mae He back to America. The news comes from Anna Mae's biological father, Jack He, who says life in China is not what he thought it would be. . . .

"It's a big mistake for me to return to China with my kids," he said by telephone in a recent interview. . . .

In fact, He said, there is real pain behind Anna's smiles.

"Every day I can tell she does not feel comfortable in this kind of environment," He said. "It's not only strange to her, but it is scary to her."

-o0o-

Well, well.

As much as we've all always hoped for the best for Anna, what do those who thought it would be such a wonderful idea to force Anna to leave her lifelong family in Tennessee--the Bakers--and live with the Hes and to have them take her to China--think now?

*What do they think we've been trying to tell them and the world all along?*

This shows exactly why in cases like Anna's or any other child-custody case, the true "best interests of the child"--including the child's right to remain with the bonded, loving family she or he knows as her or his own--must be truly paramount. The so-called "rights" of biological parents or any other adults are at best secondary.

Anna, like so many other innocent children, has been forced to suffer pain, fear, and loss beyond imagining because "responsible" adults, some of them judges and child-welfare professionals who should have known better, ignored this basic principle. Her suffering, like that of so many others, was all too preventable.

Had the Tennessee Supreme Court obeyed the law rather than acted in "total ignorance or total disregard" of it, as it did, Anna would now be happy, growing, and glowing at home with Jerry, Louise, and Aimee Baker and her extended family and friends.

But look what happened. *Unforgivable.*

How many more children will before the "best interest of the child," supposedly held paramount by our laws but often (including in Anna's case) ignored or rationalized away in practice, is once and for all upheld?

Need one say it again? I will:

Children are not property. Children are people.

Get it now, Jack and Casey He? Get it now, Tennessee Supreme Court?

Yes. Jack and Casey He indeed should bring Anna back home--all the way home, to her rightful family, the Bakers.

Scott Enk

所有跟帖: 

it's a shame. -houston1965- 给 houston1965 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/28/2008 postreply 18:01:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”