回复:你对这种病人很了解,她现在确实象小孩一样

来源: borisg 2005-03-31 10:23:37 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1402 bytes)
A few words for you. When you see her you will feel really bad, to see a loved one in such shape. When old people contemplate various scenarios of death, paralysis following a stroke is the worse they can imagine. To be unable to do anything, to be utterly dependent on the help from others, is not most want as a way of living. How to talk her out of this despair, I have not clue to offer you; but I warn you that her despair will propagate to you if you stay by her bedside long enough.

To look at things more positively, at certain point at an advanced age, one's life become gradually detached from the living, thriving world. Not to say that such person is neglected or irrelevant, but that he feels that his work for this work is done --that's exactly what George Eastman, the founder of Eastman Kodak said when he committed suicide after long illness (his last message was "My work is done." To die so is not a sad thing for the person nor for his family. For a more ordinary person, that could mean to have seen his children growing up and have their own family and career. As his life becomes detached from our world, his life gradually and invisibly passes to his offsprings. At that point, we finally feel that we have grown up. In the same way we will pass our lives to our children. This is just the course of Nature.

Take good care of yourself, and of your mother.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”